Albums Otis Brown - Southside Chicago

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
I believe this is a collection of songs by Otis Brown, a soul/R&B singer from 1960s era Chicago. Don't think he ever came with a proper album. Brought to you by Numero Group, the best reissue label in existence, who just put this on Spotify last week.

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
Gone send this over to my pops, born/raised on the Southside

Don't know how old your pops is, but Numero Group has put out a bunch of stuff that revolves around older eras of Chicago.

Light on the Southside is fukking excellent. It's a compilation of late 1970s R&B and Chicago blues. It comes with a large coffee table book of photographs of Southside club-goers in the late 1970s. Highly recommended.

They've also done extensive compilations for Twinight Records (an Chicago soul record label, reissues of Syl Johnson and a compilation/DVD of a public access show that features post-disco and early rap from Chicago.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Don't know how old your pops is, but Numero Group has put out a bunch of stuff that revolves around older eras of Chicago.

Light on the Southside is fukking excellent. It's a compilation of late 1970s R&B and Chicago blues. It comes with a large coffee table book of photographs of Southside club-goers in the late 1970s. Highly recommended.

They've also done extensive compilations for Twinight Records (an Chicago soul record label, reissues of Syl Johnson and a compilation/DVD of a public access show that features post-disco and early rap from Chicago.

:gladbron:
He's 62. So I know he can appreciate the music and even the book/LP as a gift. shyt he might even be in some of those pictures lol