Outkast is better than Mobb Deep - Joe Budden

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe on a technical level but I prefer Mobb.

I like OutKast but they can get too quirky at times for me

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
He never got slapped by ransom what are you even talking about and him get hit by raekwons good when they got guns and are deep can happend to anybody
Sorry his best friend got slapped and he was walking around looking for Ransom to. lol
Whatever the case, it was a bad look and made me not interested in his emotional Mood Muzik albums.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
An aspect of why I prefer Outkast over Mobb I didn't express but others have alluded to. Outkast always made noticeable changes to their sound and concepts each album. They just got wilder and wilder and further away from traditional Hip Hop each release. It made their album drops like events. And had an air of mystery like , "Where are they taking it to next?" While Mobb is the opposite. They are like exactly the same every album with only changes being what has changed in Hip Hop since they last dropped. I waited very long for them to mature lyrically. It happened, especially P's solo stuff. But it was a very slow process.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
An aspect of why I prefer Outkast over Mobb I didn't express but others have alluded to. Outkast always made noticeable changes to their sound and concepts each album. They just got wilder and wilder and further away from traditional Hip Hop each release. It made their album drops like events. And had an air of mystery like , "Where are they taking it to next?" While Mobb is the opposite. They are like exactly the same every album with only changes being what has changed in Hip Hop since they last dropped. I waited very long for them to mature lyrically. It happened, especially P's solo stuff. But it was a very slow process.
I disagree with this vehemently as it relates to the Mobb’s sound. It’s actually one of the great tragedies in hip hop the extent to which the tweaks Hav made to his sound from Infamous, to Hell On Earth to Murda Muzik go unnoticed and unheralded.
Each album sounds distinct from the last whilst also maintaining that classic Mobb sound. This is incredibly difficult to do, Kast couldn’t do it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I disagree with this vehemently as it relates to the Mobb’s sound. It’s actually one of the great tragedies in hip hop the extent to which the tweaks Hav made to his sound from Infamous, to Hell On Earth to Murda Muzik go unnoticed and unheralded.
Each album sounds distinct from the last whilst also maintaining that classic Mobb sound. This is incredibly difficult to do, Kast couldn’t do it.
Kast couldn't do it? I think they did way more noticeable in their music than Mobb's. Like you said they were 'tweaks' not major changes. Compare Southerplayalistic Outkast to the Love Below and it's hard to believe that's the same group. Mobb sounds like Mobb, they have a distinct sound. You know it before the lyrics even kick in. That's good to have a signature sound but I think it's more interesting to flip the script.

Chip Skylark

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Huh? @AnonymityX1000 stated how Kast clearly experimented with each album and the goal wasn’t to sound the same. From the subject matter to the beats they sought out to change every album.

They weren’t trying to maintain a sound. What are we doing here? You’re degrading them for something they didn’t try to do and is proving the point of them not sounding the same every album