Owens on Cena Feud, Ric Flair ready for one last run.....

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Kevin Owens spoke with Slam Wrestling this week to promote Friday’s WWE live event in Montreal. The former NXT Champion covered a number of topics, including life on the road with WWE, facing Finn Balor in the main event of NXT Takeover: Brooklyn and much more.

Owens made a a huge impact earlier this year when he made his WWE TV debut by destroying John Cena on RAW. The two would go on to have a 3-month blood feud that saw Kevin Owens defeat John Cena clean in their first encounter before losing the next 2 matches to the former United States Champion. Many fans were critical of how the rivalry played out, worried that Owens' character would be damaged after making such a strong start and then getting 'demoted' to the mid-card after working with Cena.

Owens calls the naysayers "delusional" and feels that he showed fans exactly what he's capable of moving forward. He told Slam Wrestling:

“It definitely helped me working with Cena and anybody who thinks the opposite is delusional. When you worked with him on Raw and on PPV, how this can be bad? Whatever people said about me losing two matches out of three, at the end of the year, fans will remember the quality of the matches and how great these matches were way more than who won and who lost.”
damn. Haitch & Cena stay getting praised:youngsabo:
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently appeared on WrestleZone Daily and stated once again that he'd love the chance to get back in the ring and he's ready to go at a moment's notice. Flair said:

“If I wanted to wrestle I can wrestle. If they wanted me to get slammed off the top rope by Sting next week, I can do it. I’m ready to go.“

The Nature Boy also talked about his longtime rival Sting finally making it to the big time in WWE. Flair called Sting the nicest guy in the world and talks about Sting joining the WWE Hall of Fame when his current run is up.

“I love Sting, he’s a great guy. He’s a wonderful person and a big part of my life. I’m not surprised he’s in the WWE. I encouraged him to go years ago. He deserves it for all his hard work. Let me tell you something, there is not a nicer person in the world than Sting. Steve Borden is the nicest kid in the world. Whatever he is getting he deserves. You know, everybody, kinda like me, you don’t want to make the move, you’re in a good place, making money… but there is nothing like working for the WWE. He wants to have a couple more matches and be in the Hall of Fame, which he deserves. He’s a great kid, a great father and just a wonderful person.”
:beli: C'mon ric:beli:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Another one that gets convinced "wins and loses doesn't matter as long as you working with X" :francis:

That philosophy works when you are an established dude. Not when you are an up and comer and have absolutely nothing to fall back on after that feud :yeshrug:

It kinda reminds me of the "I'm still the main event even if I'm 3rd from the top" and "don't judge on the booking, wait and see for what's planned" talking points.

Xane Vic

The An†i-Coli
Daps
Reppin
What You Will Never Be.
Flair and these Terry Funk-ass last runs...except I wouldn't mind seein' The Funker in a match...

Flair is tryin' to die in the ring, obviously...Reid, Piper, Dusty...the shyt gotta be gettin' to him...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Another one that gets convinced "wins and loses doesn't matter as long as you working with X" :francis:

That philosophy works when you are an established dude. Not when you are an up and comer and have absolutely nothing to fall back on after that feud :yeshrug:

It kinda reminds me of the "I'm still the main event even if I'm 3rd from the top" and "don't judge on the booking, wait and see for what's planned" talking points.

Well, what else could he say? Certainly not: 'Yeah, the people are right, why couldn't Trips look out for his boy? Now I got buried by Cena like Rusev and Wyatt before me because of that old fool Vince!'

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well, what else could he say? Certainly not: 'Yeah, the people are right, why couldn't Trips look out for his boy? Now I got buried by Cena like Rusev and Wyatt before me because of that old fool Vince!'

We don't know what he was asked. The way the report is written is seems he just became very defense when the Cena feud came up. You can say a lot of positive things about that program without going out of your way to defend the booking :yeshrug:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ric seriously stays pushing his luck, its amazing he hasnt been sacked of his Legends deal (Well...we know why, Triple H)

FRIED MASON

Superstar
Daps
ric2.gif