Pacman Jones Against NFL Kneelers, 'Figure Out Another Way' to Protest

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Not necessarily disagreeing but cac fury is way heavier in football than Hoops. The controversy would be nearly as big in basketball if cats kneeled as football.

I do think nba cats should have joined in and knelt to support as well. But nba cats do have a better working relationship with the league vs football brehs.

Bottom line is the kneeling has run its course. I don't know what else it's going to accomplish at this point towards an audience that doesn't care.
Football is a much bigger sport than basketball in the US. In every possible way.

37% of Americans say that Football is their favorite sport to watch. Only 11% of Americans say that Basketball is their favorite sport to watch.

Black folks are disproportionately represented among NBA viewership - 45% of all NBA viewership (ages 18-54) is black. This is almost 4x our proportion of the US population as a whole (12%).

NFL viewership (ages 18-54) is much more balanced, and reflective of the demographics of the country as a whole. 17% Black, 68% White, 11% Latino, 4% Asian.

The biggest sport in the country having 68% white viewership (in a country that's roughly 62% white) means that by default there will be a significant (negative or positive) response to any social issue raised in that arena. There's just a lot more white people than there are anyone else - and they watch football. From breast cancer awareness (believe it or not, Pink October is actually extremely effective at getting women in for mammograms), to police brutality (hence Kaep being sports story #1 across the US for almost 2 years).

If you want to reach the greatest number of Americans possible with a social message, there's no more effective platform than an NFL game. Kaep realized that, and capitalized on it. In the grand scheme of things, the NBA just doesn't matter all that much if your goal is broad-based social change - both because of its far smaller viewership base (growing, but still far smaller than the NFL's), and its heavily skewed demographics.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
If that's how he feels, that's how he feels. I'm not one to judge others by their willingness (or lack thereof) to risk their short-lived athletic ability to put food on the table for social causes.

Instead, I focus on commending those who are willing. Men like Kaep, Ali, Kareem, etc. They forever get the :salute::myman::wow: from me.

I wish a whole lot had been done differently with this movement. Soup to nuts. I think it could have been far more effective, and generated real, lasting change in this country. The original idea was absolutely genius - but the strategy around it, the follow-up, and the execution were all lacking in a number of critical ways.

But ultimately, it isn't my movement. I didn't sacrifice anything. I didn't risk anything. I have contributed zero sweat equity. So who the fukk am I to tell guys who put their families' financial futures on the line what to do?

All I can do is be grateful that some brave men decided to try and do something positive for the rest of us. :wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Football is a much bigger sport than basketball in the US. In every possible way.

37% of Americans say that Football is their favorite sport to watch. Only 11% of Americans say that Basketball is their favorite sport to watch.

Black folks are disproportionately represented among NBA viewership - 45% of all NBA viewership (ages 18-54) is black. This is almost 4x our proportion of the US population as a whole (12%).

NFL viewership (ages 18-54) is much more balanced, and reflective of the demographics of the country as a whole. 17% Black, 68% White, 11% Latino, 4% Asian.

The biggest sport in the country having 68% white viewership (in a country that's roughly 62% white) means that by default there will be a significant (negative or positive) response to any social issue raised in that arena. There's just a lot more white people than there are anyone else - and they watch football. From breast cancer awareness (believe it or not, Pink October is actually extremely effective at getting women in for mammograms), to police brutality (hence Kaep being sports story #1 across the US for almost 2 years).

If you want to reach the greatest number of Americans possible with a social message, there's no more effective platform than an NFL game. Kaep realized that, and capitalized on it. In the grand scheme of things, the NBA just doesn't matter all that much if your goal is broad-based social change - both because of its far smaller viewership base (growing, but still far smaller than the NFL's), and its heavily skewed demographics.
Superior posting.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Nothing but gospel.....just wished that they actually gave a fukk about the bullshyt we deal with as black people. Only thing this saga has proved is that they don't, so why bother. All we got is us, but we already know that.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
Then nikka why don't you create a movement and boycott work for it. Why don't you risk missing some checks

Annnnndddd. no reply :mjlol:

These nikkas want other people to make sacrifices while they just sit behind their computer... Kneeling is (and always has been) a waste of time. I rather these guys come together OFF THE FIELD and make moves than kneel on the field for attention

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
he 34 years old

he need to weasle into the league somehow
GrotesqueLastEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

kingjones29

All Star
Daps
It’s 2018 anything’s possible. well probably see Pac-Man on foxnews with Hannity at some point while Pac-Man adresses the black community to do better
Hey it’s better than being homeless people gotta look out for themselves these days