Passion, Pain & Pleasure ft. Trae, Lloyd & Just Baze. 2018-19 ATL Hawks Season Thread #Set

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by AVXL, Sep 30, 2018.

?

What is the most important thing for the Hawks to accomplish this season?

Poll closed Mar 29, 2019.
  1. Making the playoffs

10.2%
  2. Getting the young guys some PT

46.9%
  3. Coach Pierce developing as a coach

14.3%
  4. Trae Young being the ROY

10.2%
  5. State Farm Arena being dope as fukk

18.4%
  1. Sly Cookin

Sly Cookin based

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Keep him around. Let his value bubble up. The warriors were great early cause of wing depth. Guys like iggy and Livingston.

Until he becomes a financial burden, theres no reason to trade him too soon.

Also, as far as targeting a center in the draft. I dont want just a rim protector, he's gotta be able to stretch the defense. Thats why we look so good with Len and dedmon. Both are shooting well from deep.

Kaedus and FreshFromATL dapped this.
  2. AVXL

AVXL Cruisin in the A-T-L

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Westside, Bankhead to Cascade
    Coli Cash:
    $295000.00

I think as fans and people who follow the Hawks closely we have to step back and closely look at this team. This team is terrible breh. They play hard and show flashes but this isn't a good team. The Hawks are trending in the right direction but you need a generational type of talent to win a title, Zion would represent that. It's unlikely we draft him but the Hawks aren't in a position to look at guys like him and say "nah we're good". This team needs ALOT of talent to take that next step

Exactly my point. The Hawks need talent in the worst way

I still don't think this is a playoff team next yr, which is cool, id rather we slow it down and get all the right pieces instead of try to rush back to being an 8th seed

Giovanni and FreshFromATL dapped this.
  3. AVXL

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $295000.00

Like @Sly Cookin said he's affordable and he's playing well. There's no rush, however he's not the future at SF and should be treated as such. If a deal comes along to move on from him, I pull the trigger in a heartbeat

4. FreshFromATL

FreshFromATL Self Made

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    ATL
    Coli Cash:
    $300015.00

JKFrazier and Kaedus dapped this.
  5. Kaedus

Kaedus Sitting with a blind man tryna describe yellow

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta, GA
    Coli Cash:
    $310500.00

We're definitely not "good" on Zion :whoa: it's just that life isn't over and this was all for naught if we don't get him like the Knicks or Cavs. He also would be somewhat redundant with John here, same convo we had last year about Bagley/JJJ. Zion is better, but so is John compared to last year. We need talent at 2/3 and 5 specifically. Now if we get 1/1 then put Zion at the 3 and make that shyt work, but I like our overall future with one of the wings being all-star caliber to compliment our 2 future all-stars. Drafting Zion secures us 1 all-star if he pans out. Drafting Reddish/Barrett/etc could secure us 3 if they do:manny:

6. #1 pick

#1 pick Just got paid! Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Hawkset
    Coli Cash:
    $170536.67

John is an elite movement player with a #1 scoring option mindset. Homie is a more agile and faster but slimmer and less strong Karl Malone. He got his John Stockton in Trae. We in a great place. Zion can score whatever, no one gonna stop his dribble drive.

7. O.iatlhawksfan

O.iatlhawksfan CLEEEVELAND!!! THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    New Orleans
    Coli Cash:
    $406829.00

I’d keep Prince and i’d Keep Bembry too

8. Captain_Crunch

Captain_Crunch My SF gone :to:

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NY
    Coli Cash:
    $344840.00

In order, what’s the top 3-5 players y’all want from this draft?

I’m guessing the list is like this???
    1. Zion
    2. Reddish
    3. Barrett

#1 pick dapped this.
  9. AVXL

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $295000.00

Just depends how high y'all think Trae and JC's ceiling is...I think they're both star/potential super star level but to take the next step to a title, we need a legit superstar. I'm hoping we find that guy in the draft but I see Trae and JC ideally as our #2 & #3 scoring options on a championship team

10. #1 pick

#1 pick Just got paid! Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Hawkset
    Coli Cash:
    $170536.67

Breh, we got a three piece. We just need the supporting stars now.

Kaedus and Sly Cookin dapped this.
  11. Sly Cookin

Sly Cookin based

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

We really not that far off. This is the last time we will be in the lottery for a while.

One more lotto pick and there is no reason to tank, especially if we get the mavs pick. These kids ready to take the leap.

I would love to get one center free agent. My favorite is cousins, cause i think he fits best with collins. This is a chance to get a stud while our youngsters are still on their rookie contracts

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Captain_Crunch and Kaedus dapped this.
  12. AVXL

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $295000.00

Totally disagree. You've got JC and Trae as building blocks on this team. Huerter is a nice piece, everyone else is filler and role players but we don't have a perimeter wing who is an elite player or projects to be elite. We need this lottery pick to be that guy or close to it.

Y'all are underestimating how difficult it is to jump from one of the worst teams in the league to being a consistent winner in the league. This team could make a significant 10 win jump next year with the current core of this roster. But I don't see the playoffs as a possibility until 2020-2021

@Sly Cookin Cousins would be terrible for this team. From a leadership and personality standpoint he'd be the worst possible option for a young and impressionable Hawks team

Captain_Crunch and Giovanni dapped this.
  13. Sly Cookin

Sly Cookin based

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

U are underestimating this team. I've watched damn near every game and can tell u, even if the roster stays the same, this is a playoff team. We got the pieces to contend. We have beat some of the best teams in the league already.

Unless you trying to follow the suns model of constantly drafting top 5 and not amounting to shyt. Name a gamechanger in the top 5 last 4 years. We not even guaranteed zion is a superstar:heh:

We are a defensive stopper at the 3 and a rim protector from competing. The rest is the inevitable jump our players are going to make in their 2nd and 3rd year

O.iatlhawksfan dapped this.
  14. Kaedus

Kaedus Sitting with a blind man tryna describe yellow

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta, GA
    Coli Cash:
    $310500.00

I haven't thought about FA, but would y'all throw a max at Klay or Khris Middleton? I think absolutely with Klay, not sure about Khris tho :patrice:

15. O.iatlhawksfan

O.iatlhawksfan CLEEEVELAND!!! THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    New Orleans
    Coli Cash:
    $406829.00

Middleton fits this team so well but idk about the max id throw him a good bit tho

Honestly I think this is a playoff team next year just off experience alone and adding a few pieces

Kaedus dapped this.