PAWG single mom found home in the black church

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:whoa:let me first be clear I'm not justifying or downplaying Churches that hide abusers, allow mfers to commit adultery etc. that's different can of worms and people have a right to be upset and walk away

my main point is coming from two angels:

One, churches haven't done the best in cultivating, nurturing their congregation etc in order to keep them seats filled. Some churches are willing to bend tradition and it works, some rather stick with the tried and true.

When it comes with young people, they have this Disney Channel mentality as to how they think life is "supposed to be" as to what it is, and that includes the church. Again, going back to the church, it does not help to always fall back on scripture when a mfer got a bone or curiosity starts to peak through. Healthy conversation, and critique is necessary and some in the pews tend to be a bit too dogmatic when it comes to the word.

With that said, younger people think of life as if it's always 100% logically and contradiction free when in reality it has never been that way, and never will. Hell it's why I laugh at atheist who like to mock us claiming we're irrational when it's our own book that also mentions that as well.

So what.

Them irrational folks are the last defense in some areas. But I guess people just throw everything away for whatever reason. I always advise anybody curious of what a church actually does in the year of our lord in 2024, and you'll be surprised.

I don't f with PAWGS and swirling or whatever tf, but I don't like the idea of a Church that turns a mfer away, especially when children are involved.

Spot the fukk on. :salute:

I'll leave and have left churches in heartbeat if I detect even the slightest bit of hypocrisy and slick shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Smells a bit like Spiritual Appropriation
full

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:whoa:let me first be clear I'm not justifying or downplaying Churches that hide abusers, allow mfers to commit adultery etc. that's different can of worms and people have a right to be upset and walk away

my main point is coming from two angels:

One, churches haven't done the best in cultivating, nurturing their congregation etc in order to keep them seats filled. Some churches are willing to bend tradition and it works, some rather stick with the tried and true.

When it comes with young people, they have this Disney Channel mentality as to how they think life is "supposed to be" as to what it is, and that includes the church. Again, going back to the church, it does not help to always fall back on scripture when a mfer got a bone or curiosity starts to peak through. Healthy conversation, and critique is necessary and some in the pews tend to be a bit too dogmatic when it comes to the word.

With that said, younger people think of life as if it's always 100% logically and contradiction free when in reality it has never been that way, and never will. Hell it's why I laugh at atheist who like to mock us claiming we're irrational when it's our own book that also mentions that as well.

So what.

Them irrational folks are the last defense in some areas. But I guess people just throw everything away for whatever reason. I always advise anybody curious of what a church actually does in the year of our lord in 2024, and you'll be surprised.

I don't f with PAWGS and swirling or whatever tf, but I don't like the idea of a Church that turns a mfer away, especially when children are involved.
to me, the fact that there are a plurality of churches is actually a positive

its proof of contemplation

but at the same time, the world of a husband-less woman and her child is dangerous without structure. Thats why the story is what it is

because marriage is a co-opted concept. It came from a time when the men considered daughters as property so because of that in America people do not fully take into consideration that difference between biblical thinking and current day. And if you tell women this it brings up uncomfortable thoughts

IE this character and story will make you reconsider many things the more you ponder it
Another midrash implicates Jacob in Dinah's misfortune: when he went to meet Esau, he locked Dinah in a box, for fear that Esau would wish to marry her,[16] but God rebuked him in these words: "If thou hadst married off thy daughter in time she would not have been tempted to sin, and might, moreover, have exerted a beneficial influence upon her husband".[17] Her brother Simeon promised to find a husband for her, but she did not wish to leave Shechem, fearing that, after her disgrace, no one would take her to wife.[18][16] However, she was later married to Job.[19][16] When she died, Simeon buried her in the land of Canaan. She is therefore referred to as "the Canaanitish woman" (Genesis 46:10).[20][16] Joseph's wife Asenath (ib.) was her daughter by Shechem.[21][16][22][a]
@Marks

Job 41:1
1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
:wow:

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Was she giving the shooter mcgavins to god???

q3-_HD.gif

Pointless video.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
800px-D%27arpino-Androm%C3%A8de.jpg

i aint got time for that video, but if you cant hear it how i hear it, you might as well not read it

basically they make jokes about the literal translation of this book of the bible.

Then they mentioned that based on the langauge that it was probably written during the Persian occupation period or later and added to the Canon because they thought it was an allegory to God's Love of the Church meaning the church members.

• Dap

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Well no one knows for sure but they used Persian loan words that Solomon probably didn't know.
But that's another thing No where does it say that Solomon wrote this.

Again this is conjecture that beleivers shouldn't beleive in. But the Bible scholars say the oldest part of the Bible was the Song of Deborah in the 4th chapter in the book of Judges written in 12th century BCE.

• Dap

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
In all fairness some black churches shun you for it too. Especially after a certain number. I'm n Louisiana though so I've seen a thing or two..

At any rate thread was made to boil folks blood and have the chick all but wifed up when all she did was find a church to only go to during the Holidays. So carry on.

It is not healthy to obsess over stuff like this....