Pete Rock hates Canibus new album that he produced LMAO

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Pete sound like he on some hoe ass shyt. Took an offer then tried to renig on it and ask for more money after the fact. Then was an a$$hole when he tried to do it. It’s not what you say, but how you say it.

EXACTLY

THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND @doggy IN THE PAST AS WELL

A PRODUCER HOOKS A BEAT AT A PRICE AND WAKES UP ONE DAY FEELIN LIKE HE UNDERSOLD HIMSELF, THEN ASKS FOR MORE MONEY

LUCKILY I KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITOUT LETTING NEGATIVE ENERGY SNOWBALL

BUT YEA, PETE LOOKIN FUNNY IN THE LIGHT

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They all lost with this trash project. Pete was definitely promoting this cuz thats how I became aware of it, from his twitter post some time back and had me thinking damn finally Bis getting some decent production. I listened to it once when it came up on my Apple music and had me thinking this is the same medicore BS Bis be dropping and cut it off and never listened to it again.

Pete is on some weird shyt on Twitter posting stupid shyt to claim he was hacked etc I wouldn't put it passed him to lie about actually giving them beats and rapping the robot persona. Maybe he didn't like how Canibus team was moving and fell back on this fukkery.

I knew I wasnt trippin:jbhmm:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I havent liked a Pete Rock beat since “Melody Adonis” on Phife’s first album
I thought he had a dope little run in 2018 on some Griselda projects and that Smoke DZA project he did
I tried to read both sides of this and what I got from it is Pete sold 2 beats back in 2020. M80 wanted to do a whole album but didn't pay enough, Pete was like you owe me more for the tracks I sent and also requested to mix and master both tracks but only got to master 1. Pete asked them not to put it out and said he doesn't approve releases he doesn't get to mix properly . Dude was like I paid for them I'm gonna put it out anyway. Pete's people asked him not to drop the songs, he did anyway and came out sounding terrible because they weren't tweaked. Also, somewhere along the line between 2020 and now since Canibus was sitting on one of those tracks so Pete gave it to Flee Lord. :yeshrug:

Basically Pete sold some beats, M80 and them marketed it as something it's not and released some unfinished tracks pretty much.
great summation