'Pharmageddon' hits U.S. with walkouts at multiple pharmacies, including CVS and Walgreens

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
“They are experiencing zero to minimal disruptions as a a result of the effort.”

From the article

Aunt Gladys good breh :youngsabo:
lmao, looks like they just identified 4500 jobs that can be trimmed and didn't even have to hire a management consulting firm to figure out who

invalid

Banned
Daps
I got a good buddy that's a PharmD that works for Abbott Laboratories. He told me the pharmacist jobs at CVS and Walgreens are the lowest of the low so I always have sympathy for them because I can only imagine the bullshyt they have to deal with everyday.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i know those workers are treated poorly and i support any kind of strike action

but i also shop at cvs and know that this is just gonna make it harder on the workers who stay

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Yep. I’ve mentioned it on here a few times what I do. Work for a hospital now. CVS was my first opportunity after graduation. I tell students all the time, instead of waiting for the perfect job if you got nothing lined up, go work for CVS. That shyt is like pharmacist boot camp :damn:

You may not learn much clinically, but everything else will have you straight. Stress management, dealing with employees, conflict resolution, insurance skills, etc

As a company though, fukk them! They will chew you up, spit you out, then hire someone else for a fraction of your wages bc they know they’ll get someone who needs to pay their bills. Buying up all the small pharmacies or buying out their clientele, then ruining the experience. Having a mf drive through operation :dwillhuh: Ya lemme tell you about this medication that could potentially kill you if taken incorrectly through a drive through with a line of 40 cars behind you. Worst invention of all time, straight corporate shyt.

Edit: and yes good point about how they are a pharmacy benefit manager and a pharmacy :mindblown:

Clear conflict of interest! That’s why the small pharmacies can’t compete. They are setting reimbursements so low for prescriptions. The only way to make money is straight volume and other shyt like vaccines and clinics…which surprise surprise, they have the money to invest in

Good shyt breh. Most pharmacist I know happier at the hospital setting :cheers:

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County
Oh shyt

My mom take trazadone to sleep and i went to get her prescription and i got the prescription but they gave her 8 extra refills, when she didn’t supposed to get any

No wonder the pharmacist the other day had a big smile on her face and said u have a great day and upcoming holidays

Scaaar

All Star
Daps
I’m not going to pretend I know the workings of the industry, but aren’t medicine companies making record profits every year? Isn’t there enough money in the industry to keep the employees happy?
Yeah alot of these companies are constantly posting record profits and yet wages are stagnant and costs are rising. It's like their playing in people's faces. It was only a matter of time before the strikes started

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I don't know what this is about, but you absolutely cannot piss off pharmacists. They're one of the critical pieces of infrastructure.

Go ahead and empty these corporations' pockets.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Pharmacists are essential deserve higher salaries. These companies need to stop playing and pay these people properly. There is no reason that people who handle lifesaving medicine should get the short end of the stick.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I can't tell if it's just me but it seems like there's been a LOT strikes/labor disputes over the last two years.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
They gonna have Enrique or sandeep giving you your drugs for low wages don’t worry