Phil Jackson advising Jeanie Buss to trade LeBron James

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD, May 12, 2022 at 6:30 PM.

1. Shadow King

Shadow King Quiet N***a Loud Choppa Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Center of the Universe
    Coli Cash:
    $360000.00

The posts you're dapping say otherwise but aight lol

2. cobra

cobra Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $550.29

do you seriously think the lakers would tolerate being a mediocre trash team for years without any titles? The historical legacy of the lakers only increases the pressure and desparation

do you really think the orlando magic are more desperate for a title than the lakers?

Bron's title in 2020 took a lot of pressure of the Lakers brass

3. SunZoo

SunZoo The Legendary Super Sapien. Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

As opposed to what? Hoping on a trade that ain't happening or stretching him?????

He played most of the season with very little chemistry/continuity and a ton of pressure, keeping him for his final year is the only thing that makes sense. Anything else, especially to just to keep Lebron and AD (they should look to trade him too) for the sake of keeping them is STUPID.

Let Bron go stat pad in a place where it doesn't matter. I suggested Cleveland but they don't want him....because they are looking toward the future, just like the Lakers need to be doing right now. Russ either plays much better without Lebron and you get him some shooters and defenders or you play him til he's off the books and continue to rebuild.

Mannish dapped this.
  4. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

They just tolerated "the most disapointing season in Lakers history" though. Lebron couldn't stay healthy to play enough games to salvage HIS season with a scoring title, get him tf outta there, Street Clothes too. Running it back or trying to finagle some kinda bonehead shyt with Russ is going to get you more of the same.

Mannish dapped this.
  5. Shadow King

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $360000.00

Like I said agendas lol

rtrRaven and cobra dapped this.
  6. cobra

cobra Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $550.29

they already have a title....they are good for a couple more years
    Trading Bron to a destination he doesn't want to go means the lakers will never get a tier 1 free agent ever again
    Trading him to a team like philly means you will get mediocre pieces back

7. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Yes, an agenda not to be stupid.

I mean if you hate Russ that much, fine, pay him to NOT play. What does next season look like with the skeleton of this same team if you stretch or wave him? First round exit? And that's even if Lebron and AD can play 50-60 games between them to even get you that far.

It ain't about keeping Russ it's about cutting your losses and looking toward the future.

8. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I call bullshyt on that.

THE MACHINE, Rice N Beans and Mannish dapped this.
  9. Shadow King

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $360000.00

You saying this like Russ ain't the king of stat padding to first round smackdowns while itching to ship out a nikka who led you to a title (yeah I know something something bubble) 2 years ago lol fukk outta here.

10. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Answer the question breh, I gave you an out and you still side stepped the shyt.

As I said, for the purpose of this exchange, fukk RUSS. You hate him that bad...pay him 47 million dollars to take a walk. NOW WHAT????

You're not going to have a lot of options to replace him. Stretching his contract gives you a LITTLE more room to operate but you're not going to bring anybody in that's going to signifigantly support a championship run and you have to deal with the ghost of his contract possibly til he retires.

You'd still need to trade AD or Lebron to even get halfway started on what comes next for your team.

11. R.E.N. Spells Ren

R.E.N. Spells Ren Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $1612660.00

Nah can’t let this go implied: who exactly does “you couldn’t win without Phil” apply to?

12. Shadow King

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $360000.00

What am I side stepping?

The fact that you fervently believe Russ can't be traded but the 38 year old you didn't want in a Laker jersey in the first place can apparently bring in assets says all that needs to be said. Limiting the argument to a waive and stretch deads your argument.

You've disliked Bron/his fans for years so I don't know why you're trying to paint this as an objective discourse. Another season of Russ playing 2K to get swept by the 1/2 seed is more valuable than trying to make it work with a waning GOAT who hung up a banner less than 24 months ago, says you. Sure it is.

If you gon blow it up, blow it the fukk up. As I said, trying to make this a Russ over Bron issue is nothing but agendas.

13. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

:mjlol:

Objectively speaking:

- Lebron has more trade value than Russ, especially for a team that's close to contending.
    - Lebron has a better chance of winning another chip elsewhere.
    - Russ trade options range from extremely limited/reduntant to NONE. Another swap for John Wall, who also has troubles staying healthy is stupid doo doo dumb.

It ain't a Russ over Bron issue really however much you wanna make it that way. IF you can trade him, trade him, happy? Good luck. But if we blowing it tf up you might as well move the guys that can actually get you some assets to have in place once his contract is up.

Roberto Firmino and Mannish dapped this.
  14. Shadow King

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Coli Cash:
    $360000.00

So you're not going to tell me what I'm side stepping?

The first bullet point is all we need to know. No one made this a Russ over LeBron issue, but you

Last edited: May 14, 2022 at 7:45 PM
  15. SunZoo

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    T.L.C.
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I thought it was obvious fam.

Once you get rid of Westbrook through whatever means before his contract is up...what now? As in, what now to take what's left over and contend for a title.

I don't think you can...I think it's time to blow it tf up. Not even a bias for or against Russ, even if you wanna pin that on me it's irrelevant. Stretching/waiving Russ just to have him gone gets you nowhere. Trading AD or even Bron might net you some young talent to replace what you gave up to get them.

:hubie:

Mannish dapped this.