Other Pick Your Three Favorite Miles Davis Albums

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Had this idea for a thread series, if it works I'll start doing more with other Jazz artists.

If you had to pick three Miles Davis albums over the others, what would they be? You can include studio LPs and live albums.

My choices:

MilesDavisKindofBlue.jpg

Miles_Davis_-_Sketches_of_Spain.png

In_A_Silent_Way_Miles_Davis.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol there’s no way I could do a top 3 for miles. My head would explode. Dudes had like 3 different careers and been the leader of 4 or 5 iconic bands. Bepop miles, modal miles, hard bop miles, fusion miles, the big band collabs with Gil Evans.

Idk man. He’s like the one artist idk if I could do a top 3 for

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Lol there’s no way I could do a top 3 for miles. My head would explode. Dudes had like 3 different careers and been the leader of 4 or 5 iconic bands. Bepop miles, modal miles, hard bop miles, fusion miles, the big band collabs with Gil Evans.

Idk man. He’s like the one artist idk if I could do a top 3 for
you can just pick the three you like or listen to the most. its not an easy thing to do cause his discogrophy runs through so many different genres and subgenres

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
I've only listened to Kind of Blue and it's a masterpiece. We're talking top 10 album all time of any genre level here. Whenever I'm stressed or shyt in life is getting me down too much I put that on, close my eyes and just let it do it's thing. I'm gonna get round to bytches Brew, Sketches of Spain and Silent Way soon. Hard for me to think anything could be better than Kind of Blue tho.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I've only listened to Kind of Blue and it's a masterpiece. We're talking top 10 album all time of any genre level here. Whenever I'm stressed or shyt in life is getting me down too much I put that on, close my eyes and just let it do it's thing. I'm gonna get round to bytches Brew, Sketches of Spain and Silent Way soon. Hard for me to think anything could be better than Kind of Blue tho.
kind of blue was the first jazz album i ever listened to. the opening line of that trumpet solo on so what is where it all started for me :mjcry:
those albums you listed are masterpieces too but dont go into them expecting them to be like kind of blue. his style was always changing

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I enjoyed Sketches of Spain, don't recall the others (yes even Kind of Blue).

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can just pick the three you like or listen to the most. its not an easy thing to do cause his discogrophy runs through so many different genres and subgenres

this is true. he has so many albums. so I will go with what I listened to the most. (there is so much of his music I havent heard or listened to)

Kind of Blue
The Complete bytches Brew Sessions
On the Corner

I listen to individual tracks from these albums below all the time...

The Man With the Horn
Doo-Bop

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

Yeah Miles has more great albums than probably another artist, but Kind of Blue is probably the greatest album ever made