Popular Memphis DJ ‘Slick Rick’ found decapitated in Tenn. home

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
The headless body of a popular Memphis-area DJ who goes by the name “Slick Rick” was found in his Tennessee home, triggering a murder investigation.

Rick Buchanan — who was in no way affiliated with the rapper Slick Rick — was discovered dead inside his residence in Berclair, Tenn., Wednesday around 2:30 p.m. His brother, John Buchanan, stumbled upon the remains, Fox 13 reported. He said the front door was locked, but the back door was wide open when he arrived to check in on his brother, prompted by a troubling phone call from a neighbor.

“I thought his coat was up over his head like it was cold or something,” he told the news station. “I ran out and then I ran back in. And, then I realized it was something worse.”

The victim’s sibling went on to explain that Rick “had his keys still in his hand” and “his pants were pulled down to his feet.”

John also recalled how his brother was shot during a 2014 robbery outside The Stage Stop, a live music venue and bar owned by his mother, Nita Makris.

“RIP SLICK RICK,” a post on The Stage Stop’s Facebook page reads.

The shooting left him quiet and reclusive, but before that, DJ Slick Rick was a fixture on the Memphis music scene and had a passion for performing live, according to John Buchanan. He did not suggest the violent incidents were related and told Fox he had “no idea” why someone would butcher his brother.

He said he plans to adopt the DJ’s dog, Lucky.

Authorities have so far provided few other details about the slaying. They said an investigation into the matter is ongoing.

Popular Memphis DJ ‘Slick Rick’ found decapitated in Tenn. home