Prodeje of SOUTH CENTRAL CARTEL on beef with Prodigy and Havoc of Mobb Deep over having the same name.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
You’re looking at this from a fan perspective. The rap community is small, especially in the 1990s.

If you’re going to bite, and pass it off as your own, it’s obviously going to be something that isn’t well known on the east, right ?

Again I’m not saying Mobb Deep bit their names , just pointing out how flaw your logic is. Rappers have bitten shyt from unknown artists since forever and passed shyt off as their own.
I get your point but those dudes were basically no names. Who would wanna bite them lol.

Also they were tons of appers in the 90s, what are you talking about? Tons of people who had deals, some who you never heard of.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
SCC was actually a popular group in the early 90s. I don’t think people on here realize how popular they were in the streets, and they had national exposure years before Mobb Deep, specifically if you had the Box. I realize region comes in to play here. If you lived in a region that bumped west coast music, SCC definitely got play. I just can’t let you play them like these nyggas are trash c-list nyggas when they worked with Spice 1, Treach, Ice T, 2pac, etc.

I‘m not accusing Mobb Deep of stealing their names. However, I DO believe it’s clear that SCC had those names first. SCC is comprised of several members. If you check any SCC interview, they all say the group formed in 87-88. Them nyggas are older then Mobb Deep.

In Addition, there are TWO Havoc’s and TWO Prodigy’s in SCC lol. You got Havocc tha Mouthpiece, Havikk the Rhime Son, Big Prodeje, and Young Prodeje.

Big Prodeje released the Prodigal Son in 1990.

I’m definitely more of a Mobb Deep fan, but trying to diminish SCC as just some c list nobodies over some name shyt is just lame.

Damn maybe they did bite them in light of this info lol

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Damn maybe they did bite them in light of this info lol
There is no evidence that SCC had national exposure prior to 1991, which is when Mobb Deep we’re featured in the unsigned hype column in the Source as P and Hav.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
YouTube has it all or I can mail you the album on CD
I listened to what was on Spotify and it was ok. Couple of dope tracks but most were just cool. No one impressed me on the mic. Hav is better than anyone from SCC.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I listened to what was on Spotify and it was ok. Couple of dope tracks but most were just cool. No one impressed me on the mic. Hav is better than anyone from SCC.

Which hav?? There's three in the discussion here. Havikk the rhyme son is the best Hav of them all.

I'm sure you've heard this classic song before from Spices second album. Prodeje did the beat too. West coast Horrorcore classic.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Which hav?? There's three in the discussion here. Havikk the rhyme son is the best Hav of them all.

I'm sure you've heard this classic song before from Spices second album. Prodeje did the beat too. West coast Horrorcore classic.

There’s only one Hav.
I like that Spice shyt you posted. Didn’t realize that was SCC. Dope beat.
Murda Show >>>>
Spice >>>> SCC

Ku$h Parker

For The Burbs Not The Streets
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
P strikes me as person that if it wasn't on some NY shyt, he couldn't give two fukks. Especially back then.
Even then he Hated on the NY shyt if it aint Nas Mobb or Wu:russ:

There's also a rock group called Prodigy, which is why when Prodigy dropped his solo joint. it was "Prodigy of Mobb Deep".

SMACK MY bytch UP!!!!:bustback: