PS4 Game Disappeared- Help

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Help brehs, had trouble connecting to gta5 online so I closed application after returning to story mode twice. Was preparing a drink in the kitchen came back to find game disappeared from menu (disc game btw). Restarted PS4, game icon reappeared but with a status bar underneath temporarily. Now I open and it wants to install update version 1.32. If I select start w/o updating I get alert about install. Select ok and it appears to install like for first time. I see my saved games and application in system storage. fukk going on?

Will try another restart

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do you have gta installed on an external hard drive? I’ve seen similar symptoms when my power has gone out for a moment and the ps4 took a second to relocate everything on the external. In the event of a power loss you usually get a message about repairing the drive.
Are any other games or apps doing something similar to you?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Do you have gta installed on an external hard drive? I’ve seen similar symptoms when my power has gone out for a moment and the ps4 took a second to relocate everything on the external. In the event of a power loss you usually get a message about repairing the drive.
Are any other games or apps doing something similar to you?
No, it's all on the PS4 drive, I still have a lot of free space too. I was able to play ww2 and use Netflix so only seems to be gta affected. I didn't want to risk losing saved games in story mode so I haven't reinstalled. Update download file was like 50 gb so while it was taking forever I got drunk and forgot all about it. I'll check when I get home to see if corrected now.

If I end up having to reinstall, will my saved games be alright? Again, I can still see them in storage assuming they aren't corrupted or anything.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it's all on the PS4 drive, I still have a lot of free space too. I was able to play ww2 and use Netflix so only seems to be gta affected. I didn't want to risk losing saved games in story mode so I haven't reinstalled. Update download file was like 50 gb so while it was taking forever I got drunk and forgot all about it. I'll check when I get home to see if corrected now.

If I end up having to reinstall, will my saved games be alright? Again, I can still see them in storage assuming they aren't corrupted or anything.

Yeah, your saved games will be all right if you delete the game and reinstall.