Public Shaming. Your thoughts?

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It’s how people learn. They used to get people down here in Florida who stole gas by having them stand outside the station with a sign

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Depends on the "crime". A lot of crimes aren't really crimes but due to systematic injustices in this country.

Like selling weed or prostitution.
But unjustifiable crime like pedophilia, rape, corporate greed resulting in people losing economically, government scams, abuse, racism...yeah.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't like that guy, self righteous smug prick IMO. Didn't really have an opinion on him until after the Dustin Hoffman situation when he took it upon himself to be some kind of hero for women and patted himself on the back afterwards. Not a fan of public shaming either because anything can be presented as "fact" despite only being an unsubstantiated allegation. Depending on the whatever is the trendy scare of the week generated by social media and given steroids by the mainstream media, anyone can find themselves having their reputation tarnished and livelihood or even life put in danger over............unfounded allegations.

The other question I can't help but ask is after we become numb to public shaming, what's next to satisfy our sense of "justice"? Lynch mobs? This is why I hate the media.