Puerto Ricans in Protests Say They’ve Had Enough. Updated Governor Resigns Aug 2.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Puerto Ricans in Protests Say They’ve Had Enough

SAN JUAN, P.R. — Flags in hand, Puerto Ricans descended into the streets of San Juan on Wednesday, arriving by the thousands for several hours before the start of an enormous protest. They filled a boulevard lined with palm trees, a sea of people covering every inch from the imposing Capitol to the waterfront with a unified message: The governor must go.

Then, the schoolteachers and the union leaders, the lifetime political activists and the first-timers, the students and their parents, set off on foot to try to reach the governor’s mansion, where more protesters awaited. For the fifth consecutive day, they demanded Gov. Ricardo A. Rosselló’s resignation. As on Monday, the night ended with chaotic confrontations with the police.

Sounds like things are properly fukked

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
Solidarity to the people of Puerto Rico. Saddled with debt that is destroying their country and the US and IMF refusing to forgive any of it to help the people there have a better quality of life.

May they finally have a measure of stability, peace, and be able to improve their home after all this settles

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If this doesn't inspire people to think, know, and demand that we can have better and be better then you have no fukking heart in your chest.

Inspiring.

Governmental corruption is not endemic to a society or a people, it is endemic because we are cowed into allowing it to happen by those facilitating the corruption.

It can stand no longer. Collective. Action. Works.

I hate when people use the "US is too big" argument on stuff but in this situation, I do think that's real. :francis:

All our cities are spread the fukk out. It'd take three days for someone to drive from LA to DC. In Puerto Rico, everyone could drive to San Juan within three hours. There's nowhere for that governor to hide. In the US, there's plenty of places. It's depressing. :mjcry:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
I hate when people use the "US is too big" argument on stuff but in this situation, I do think that's real. :francis:

All our cities are spread the fukk out. It'd take three days for someone to drive from LA to DC. In Puerto Rico, everyone could drive to San Juan within three hours. There's nowhere for that governor to hide. In the US, there's plenty of places. It's depressing. :mjcry:

Logistics? That’s an excuse. We all know why that wouldn’t happen in the US.

Americans are too easily pacified and distracted.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Logistics? That’s an excuse. We all know why that wouldn’t happen in the US.

Americans are too easily pacified and distracted.
But let’s be hunned though. The island has been suffering for years. For years. I will say probably 10 years. I watched a black Walmart turned into a Rican Walmart in 3 years. It’s just the hurricane exasperated the decline. Doctors in Puerto Rico were getting peanuts.