Pusha T Claims Rap's "Forefathers" Didn't "Stand The Test Of Time"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pusha T has never reached the level of success or fame worldwide has RUN DMX, and a lot of forefathers of rap as far as love in respect

I mean these guys are in the encyclopedia and in music history books taught at school, The first computer I ever had came with the Encarta Encyclopedia disc and it The Message in the Encyclopedia, this is how literally how I taught myself how to rap from that piece of music being on that disc and memorizing the bars

yes you can rap forever, Melle Mel still do shows and shyt, and probably tour overseas like all the other old school groups

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s certainly not wrong, particularly the part about them not being appreciated enough.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Lil Wayne. Is not better then pusha stop

I have had a hard time with KRS LL JZ (all niqqas with acronym names before Wayne apparently) as top tier during my fandom.

It was years later that I grew to respect them all as top artists.

Same with Wayne. But heres what puts it over the top for him:

Contemporary Rap is basically all Lil Wayne. Even the Future/Young Thug sing songy shyt is Wayne's style that he was working on before he kind of vanished.

The junkie ass look. Everyone being "Lil" sumn.

Impact. Wayne has it in tons.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have had a hard time with KRS LL JZ (all niqqas with acronym names before Wayne apparently) as top tier during my fandom.

It was years later that I grew to respect them all as top artists.

Same with Wayne. But heres what puts it over the top for him:

Contemporary Rap is basically all Lil Wayne. Even the Future/Young Thug sing songy shyt is Wayne's style that he was working on before he kind of vanished.

The junkie ass look. Everyone being "Lil" sumn.

Impact. Wayne has it in tons.

Yea but lil Wayne's impact was for the negative not the positive

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
never seen a rapper as unaccomplished, and unheralded be so arrogant

l5RSTyL[1].png

Not following your logic.

He dropped classic music in the early 00's....washed Drake, one of the biggest rappers in the world 20 years later....signed a multi-million dollar deal with adidas....did endorsements for McDonald's, Arby's, etc....gotten a #1 album.

Again, all of this 20 years into his career.

What would the appropriate arrogance level be here, for someone that accomplished all that?

Fred.