Quadron

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Just thought i'd make this thread, to broadcast a group that have really impressed me this year.

Danish duo Quadron, been around since 09, but i only really got on to them this year with the release of their albums Avalanche. Lead singer has a wonderful voice, Amerl Laurieux esque.

I advise everyone to go check it out, most certainly one of the best RnB albums of this year.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're definitely worth checking out. I'm going to a Mayer Hawthorne show in February and it was a nice surprise to find out that Quadron is opening for him. Looking forward to seeing how they sound live.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I am probably in the minority but I prefer their debut self-titled album to their sophomore, Avalanche... but both albums are dope. It’s more than time for another album though.

All Star
Daps
rhye just released an album this year so maybe we'll get a new quadron album soon

All Star
Daps
it appears so. didn't know that

“He doesn’t tour because he doesn’t play any instrument,” says Milosh, sitting in a hotel room in New York City a week before the release of Rhye’s latest album, Blood (out Feb. 2 on Lorna Vista Recordings). “He’s more like a computer-y kind of guy. So he was never a part of the live show.” According to Milosh, the road was not the only thing creating distance between himself and Hannibal: He suggests that contracts Hannibal signed as part of Quadron interfered with their collaboration. “He wasn’t even allowed to work with me,” Milosh says. “He made a couple choices that weren’t the best for him. He suffers from what I call self-destruction.” There were talks about bringing Hannibal back into the fold for the new record, but ultimately, Milosh went on without him. (Hannibal provided the following statement through his reps: "Mike and I formed Rhye together. We came up with the concept, the name, and the visuals and co-wrote all the music for our debut album, Woman, together in the spare bedroom of my Los Feliz apartment. At the time I had just been signed to Epic Records as a member of the duo Quadron and so was not legally able to sign to another major label, instead signing on as our project's producer with an equal share. I'm very proud of Woman - it will always hold a special place in my heart. I wasn't involved in the making of the second album, but I wish Mike the best of luck.")

After a Divorce & Parting Ways With Founding Member, Rhye Leaves the Gloom Behind on 'Blood'