Question Of The Day...Has Dave East’s Career Up To This Point Been A Failure Or A Success?

Daps
i think he's good comparatively. look at all the xxl freshman from the past 5 years and only a handful can be considered more successful and he's definitely the finest of them all. He's good, can easily be considered top 5 new school:ehh:

Daps
He's got his own wave, and is doing well. that Dave East/Styles P tape was received well. "hit'' records and mainstream appeal ain't for everyone. and that shouldn't always be the focus. that's why guys like Royce Da 5'9 is still around.

for sure. look at yachty was hot for like 2 years. meanwhile dave been around for like 10 years and continues to grow :ehh:

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
for sure. look at yachty was hot for like 2 years. meanwhile dave been around for like 10 years and continues to grow :ehh:

Yup. Dave in his 30s and is still able to drop mixtapes, get TV slots, drop collabs with legends, smash celebrity chicks etc.

Who can we honestly say will be able to pull this off 5 to 10 yrs down the line in their 30s?

Lil Yachty? Uzi? Gunna? Lil GotIt? Lil Xan? Blueface?

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Dont see how he is a failure at all

nikka getting paid for shows and alotta people fukk with his music

A failure is a nikka who aint make it

Daps
Yup. Dave in his 30s and is still able to drop mixtapes, get TV slots, drop collabs with legends, smash celebrity chicks etc.

Who can we honestly say will be able to pull this off 5 to 10 yrs down the line in their 30s?

Lil Yachty? Uzi? Gunna? Lil GotIt? Lil Xan? Blueface?

i wouldn't count on none of the lils, maybe Uzi. but nah, i don't think he's smashing a bunch of chicks last i saw hes still with kairi's mum

Daps
I'm not sure who his fan base really is..
And he isn’t either. That’s the problem. The label trying to market him as a pretty boy rapper. He wants to market himself now as a superthug, meanwhile he was a genuine dude who grew up playing ball and just got caught up in some bad situations before he figured out rap was his way out