Raising your Fathers Child Or Adopting

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What if the defect was passed along the father's lineage btw

My first reaction was to adopt cause you don't want a fukked up child like you lol...he said when they have a lab baby they do genetic testing on the sperm and the egg before they fertilize it so I guess they can screen for that and all the other things

They might be able to screen for that. The thing with IVF is the healthy embryos that survive the 3 to 5 day blast can be genetically screened. That is why the birth rates are so high if the women is healthy (even if she is in her 50s), womb is healthy and the egg and sperm are healthy with no defects.

Long as enough embryos are produced that can screen them and pick the healthiest one to implant.

Also the IVF doctor usually requests that the father and mother gets genetic testing. So what dude should do is get his dad and girl get genetic testing.

Your cousin could have also been born with this defect if his mother was older. Normally the older the mom the more likely the genetic defects due to egg quality. Basically as a women once you hit your late 30s the egg quality goes down lower and lower. Then past 40 the egg quality falls off the cliff.

In a perfect world IVF would be cheap and couples over 35 would just get IVF so that the embryos can be genetic tested.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I see your points but I personally can't feel too much sympathy for infertile people when there are literally millions of children who already exist who need a family

Easier said than done. As I mentioned the price for adoption can be more than IVF. With adoption the child could have defects, mental issues and health issues due to abuse or mother using drugs, drinking or smoking while pregnant.

Easy to judge when you don't have to raise that kid with those issues or are the one forking out 20 to 30k to do adoption or are infertile.

Also if you already have a young child you have to be very very careful about adopting kids and bringing them into your household. Those children specifically the ones through the system can actually abuse or harm the kids in the home or mess up the environment in your home due to them coming from a difficult upbringing.

I know a few people who adopted children from the state and many times those kids had mental as well as physical issues.

Finally me as a person would never tell a person especially a woman what she should do in terms of infertility. That is arguably the worst outside of rape that a woman has to deal with. Cause most likely she done lost multiple pregnancies. Think of a parent basically having to lose a child over and over again. With a woman some times they have to go to the hospital and still birth the child if it doesn't survive. Think of losing a child and having to pass it through your body when it is 2, 3 or 4 months old.

I will never ever forget how a sista I knew that went through like 8 miscarriages due to her womb not being able to carry a child to term. shyt damn near destroyed that sista. A womans worth in society is basically based on if she can have a child. To have to deal with infertility issues is a serious gut punch.

So God bless them folks and I support whatever position they take when dealing with infertility.

Last edited:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I wouldn’t mind raising my father’s kid…would be some Cool ass sci-fi shyt to me!

:russ:

Long ass there’s no chance of son/brother being a Gotdamn knife murderer, we good!

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Track down a willing doppelganger sperm donor.

Police lineups, facial recognition software, it turns out people look a lot alike.

Nah but fr I hope he can get a second opinion and treatment to turn that around. That's a tough spot to be in.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I've heard horror stories about adopting kids. Alot of those kids come from fukked up backgrounds and need therapy or were born with all sorts of health issues.

Alot of people seem to think using a family member as a donor is weird, but it doesn't seem that crazy to me. It's not like the wife is fukking the dad to get pregnant.

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d adopt..the “son” technically being his lil brother would be too weird for me