Ratings For Christmas Day NFL & NBA Games Discussion

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
L

And that's a failure, nba does its scheduling based on who was " good last year" and what mega cities exist, shyts stupid. How many games do the 9th seed and 10th seed need cause they in Cali?

You simply can’t expect to build new stars on a national scale when you’re burying all their games in League Pass.

Just based on the national TV scheduling in the West you can tell they based their season around the Lakers, Suns, Warriors & Wembanyama. And now the first three are the 9-11 seeds in the West. If that holds up for the rest of the season then at least two of them will miss the playoffs completely, if not all three. And the Spurs are on pace to be one of the worst teams ever.

And at that point then what? Now you’re depending on the teams/players you spent all season treating like an afterthought to carry you.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
You simply can’t expect to build new stars on a national scale when you’re burying all their games in League Pass.

And right now the Lakers, Suns & Warriors are the 9-11 seeds in the West. If that holds up for the rest of the season then at least two of them will miss the playoffs completely, if not all three.

Then what? Now you’re depending on the teams/players you spent all season treating like an afterthought to carry you.

Since the deal began in the 00s. Disney doesn't want that many regular season games on Broadcast TV.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
None of this changes what I said in my post. Corporations and the Right-wing won. You brehs celebrating ratings as if you are financially and emotionally vested. This doesn't mean jack shyt to anyone on here because we have no impact. This topic is and will always be weird to me and I have felt that way since I first learned of TV ratings.
Everything you saying is fact but it didn't become a thing until TMZball heads were riding around with their chest puffed out proclaiming "football is dead" and using ratings as an indicator. I don't care either way, I just like to troll them cause they're a sensitive bunch. Talk about racism in the NFL (duh!) but completely skip over the Spurs/Magic/Cavs/hell, a majority of NBA owners are strong right-leaning and/or nonprogressive types and their donations show as such.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Damn.

This might be the first time this late in the season where I haven't watched a full NBA game since the late '80s. I've been complaining about the product pretty consistently since Silver took over. Finally got to the point where I don't care enough to even tune in anymore.
NBA is trash now. Just three pointers and flopping. I’ll watch games here and there but long are the days where I’d sit after work and watch multiple games