Recommend me a laptop capable of handling huge 4k video files

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im into vlogging and just purchased the dji osmo pocket, only issue is my macbook is 2015, 128 gig 8 gig ram and i use fcpx and the upload speed is horrible

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Im into vlogging and just purchased the dji osmo pocket, only issue is my macbook is 2015, 128 gig 8 gig ram and i use fcpx and the upload speed is horrible
Upload speed is horrible?
Upload to where?
I have a 2018 macbook pro and don't have any issues at all importing, exporting, editing, and uploading 4K footage.
Hell, my 2007 macbook pro still handles 1080p video like nothing.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upload speed is horrible?
Upload to where?
I have a 2018 macbook pro and don't have any issues at all importing, exporting, editing, and uploading 4K footage.
Hell, my 2007 macbook pro still handles 1080p video like nothing.
Upload to youtube, also when im editing in fcpx i dont want the lag

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Upload to youtube, also when im editing in fcpx i dont want the lag
If you're taking editing serious and you feel that you NEED final cut then go for an iMac. You aren't going to get the same kind of horsepower on a macbook or macbook pro.
Like I said though, my 2018 MacBook pro handles 4K content with no problems. I'm a bit surprised your 2015 machine can't handle it.
Otherwise, if your more flexible on editing software you could go with a Windows Machine which would be much cheaper and you could use Davinci Resolve, Vegas, or Adobe Premiere.

Check the photography thread too.
There's plenty of talented guys in their that like sharing knowledge.
The photography thread is one of the dopest secrets in the arcadium.
It's like a subforum within the arcadium.
All humble people in there.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're taking editing serious and you feel that you NEED final cut then go for an iMac. You aren't going to get the same kind of horsepower on a macbook or macbook pro.
Like I said though, my 2018 MacBook pro handles 4K content with no problems. I'm a bit surprised your 2015 machine can't handle it.
Otherwise, if your more flexible on editing software you could go with a Windows Machine which would be much cheaper and you could use Davinci Resolve, Vegas, or Adobe Premiere.

Check the photography thread too.
There's plenty of talented guys in their that like sharing knowledge.
The photography thread is one of the dopest secrets in the arcadium.
It's like a subforum within the arcadium.
All humble people in there.
I love the photography thread, i wish it gained more momentum. My macbook just lags too much and the 128 gigs just isnt enough. Ill check out the imacs

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I love the photography thread, i wish it gained more momentum. My macbook just lags too much and the 128 gigs just isnt enough. Ill check out the imacs
The internal storage shouldn't be a major issue for you.
Even on my iMac I run all of my video projects in Final Cut from an external drive.
I've used HDD's and SSD's and they all perform great.
Apple did an incredible job optimizing Final Cut for their systems.
If you're on a budget, I recommend investing in more RAM and a good external drive.
Otherwise, if you're dead set on staying with final cut, any recent model macbook pro (I would go with an imac for the lower cost and higher performance) will definitely be able to handle your 4K footage.
You can also look at editing with proxies. Essentially taking that 4K footage but viewing it in 1080p while editing it to help with the performance of your system.
I've never had to do this, but the subject is covered in detail everywhere on line.