Recovering from an ankle injury, what kind of cardio can I do?

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
Suffered a very, very bad ankle sprain 7 weeks ago. It was bad enough that I Couldn’t walk for 8 days. Since then I’m about 75%-80% healed, but I can’t do any jogging/running. I was thinking of power walking, but I’m sure it won’t properly heal if I do that.

So I’m asking, what can I do? I’m thinking basic sit-ups and a variation of push-ups. I can’t swim because I don’t have access to a pool. What else can I do?

I’m becoming :flabbynsick: and I don’t like it. :francis:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Suffered a very, very bad ankle sprain 7 weeks ago. It was bad enough that I Couldn’t walk for 8 days. Since then I’m about 75%-80% healed, but I can’t do any jogging/running. I was thinking of power walking, but I’m sure it won’t properly heal if I do that.

So I’m asking, what can I do? I’m thinking basic sit-ups and a variation of push-ups. I can’t swim because I don’t have access to a pool. What else can I do?

I hurt my ankle so bad I couldn't run without walking without a limp the day after for 6 months. No pain but I still have limited mobility in that ankle and that was 19 years ago. Do what @portcityplaya said.

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
Ask your Dr.
Dont listen to anybody who doesn't know where your progress on your ankle is.

I don’t plan on going to my Doc unless my pain continues on. I only get pain if I put too much pressure on it or move it at a weird angle.

I didn’t suffer any fractures, but I’m sure the ligament damage was pretty heavy.

killacal

Banned
Daps

Get your ass in the pool

Itll take the weight off your lower half allow you to go thru range of motion ankle movements in the water

Good luck breh

Wardo

Pro
Daps
I messed my ankles up a lot as a kid.
When i was younger they always healed eventually.
Then one day when i was older an ankle injury took more than year to fully heal.
Later on in life i had another injury. The last one is permanent. I cant run anymore. One thing i didn't do was go to a doctor regularly. I think that was a mistake because now its been so long it cant be fixed

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when I had ankle surgery I started rowing however your injury may be different than what I had I wasn't able to place much weight on my ankle standing straight up but could move it side to side but couldn't flex it back and forth...It was like I had a club foot.

Your Dr. should of given you recovery exercises and stated how long you need to stay off of it for how long...are you in a full foot/leg cast or the ankle cast of boot?

I just had an ankle cast and crutches but it's so many different levels of injury that can occur to your ankle your recovery may be completely different than mines...You may be bad off enough to the point where you may not be doing cardio.

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
when I had ankle surgery I started rowing however your injury may be different than what I had I wasn't able to place much weight on my ankle standing straight up but could move it side to side but couldn't flex it back and forth...It was like I had a club foot.

Your Dr. should of given you recovery exercises and stated how long you need to stay off of it for how long...are you in a full foot/leg cast or the ankle cast of boot?

I just had an ankle cast and crutches but it's so many different levels of injury that can occur to your ankle your recovery may be completely different than mines...You may be bad off enough to the point where you may not be doing cardio.

I only went to urgent care to get x-rays done. Didn’t go to my doc. No breaks, but I’m sure the ligament damage is bad. I still have swelling, but not as bad as the first 2 weeks. Wasn’t using a boot. Just use(d) ace wraps to compress it.

I can jog, but I feel pain when I do. I guess I gotta do DDP Yoga, but with more time put in.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Swimming is probably the best option without being your doctor and knowing more.