Recruiter ghosted me….she’s all over my LinkedIn feed giving people advice.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Yeah but how detached can it be, also now I got to eat shyt as people take out their frustration of not getting the job or send me letters that make me feel bad for not hiring them. Now imagine that dozens of times a day…

The only times I really follow up is when I have an alternative job to offer them. That way at least I am not wasting your time and my own delivering bad news.

It comes with the job. Ghosting is a no-no and if your employer is known for that, it will impact them in the long run. In a competitive market, you don’t want to be known for ghosting.

I also have to add that the company was boasting about how transparent thry are during the interview process. It’s on their site.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
10 years ago, it was 5x as bad fwiw.

Not to be a corporate shill, but I do know in this job market, employees are skipping out on interviews, leaving recruiters on read, going around the recruiter directly to the HR, etc. People gon people on both sides :yeshrug:

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
As a professional recruiter I can confirm…. We ain’t shyt.:yeshrug:

If you run into a recruiter who is shyt really try and get hired by that company, it’s a great sign.

Need advice. Still in school I have an internship lined up for next summer with a global American based company. As a recruiter aside from a high gpa what outside activities would be a good fit for the applicant tracking system. I need advice for the overall layout. I wanna make sure I cross all my T's and dot my I's. Would a masters make any difference or is certs the move?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Need advice. Still in school I have an internship lined up for next summer with a global American based company. As a recruiter aside from a high gpa what outside activities would be a good fit for the applicant tracking system. I need advice for the overall layout. I wanna make sure I cross all my T's and dot my I's. Would a masters make any difference or is certs the move?
That is a very open question. Can you provide more information on what you want to do career wise?

In general a master’s never hurts but I am a big believer in do it part time while working. That way your still getting experience while acquiring it. At the very least be established in your career for a few years before you do it full time. That way you can see exactly what degree is the norm in your area, because your trading experience for getting the degree as fast as possible.

For example a MPA is more useful than a degree in urban studies in NYC. Both are offered but one is more respected locally. In another city it could be the exact opposite.

I would say in a vacuum get a certificate to get your foot in the door. Use LinkedIn to see what a popular one is from other people in similar roles and grab that one.

Also don’t wait until the end of your internship to start applying for jobs. Start applying for jobs almost from the start and if they ask why so early. Then just say you didn’t want to wait and apply after the internship was over, because you thought that it was such a great opportunity you didn’t want to wait and it be gone.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
HOT TAKE: Its like dating if you went on two dates and there is no third looks like you didnt get it.
I was thinking the same thing. Just keep it pushing and
giphy.gif

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I hate how recruiters always try to get you to say a salary number first
Like nah bytch I know yall got a range and if I magically lowball myself yall gonna pretend the range has always been that low
That's why you gotta be like Gucci Mane in these first calls. Tell em you want the millions

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Like nah bytch I know yall got a range and if I magically lowball myself yall gonna pretend the range has always been that low
That's why you gotta be like Gucci Mane in these first calls. Tell em you want the millions
Most 3rd party recruiters don’t have the range. The employer keeps it to their chest or strictly demands the recruiter don’t share it. It’s not in their favor to interview you and your out the range because that means the interview was a waste of their time if you say too much. Only the full cycle recruiters do that because they want a deal.

JLova

Veteran
Daps

You have to do your research before the interview. There are many ways to find out what the range is. Very important to do that background check. If you can't find it then look at similar ranges for that role at competing companies. You should know what the industry pay is and go from there.

Ultimately, you can negotiate after you get an offer.