Remember this name Pete Buttigieg - South Bend, IN Mayor - Black problem? Corporatist??

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
I guess we should just acknowledge he is the candidate now.

Bernie and Warren will be seen as too extreme and he comes across as a conservative while being liberal. Americans eat that shyt up. He will probably govern center and conservative economically while giving lip service to social issues. So, another neoliberal.

Last edited:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I guess we should just acknowledge he is the candidate now.

Bernie and Warren will be seen as too extreme and he comes across as a conservative while being liberal. Americans eat that shyt up. He will probably govern center and conservative economically while giving lip service to social issues. So, another neoliberal.
Can he get democratic senators elected?

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
Rising star Pete Buttigieg enlists Obama and Clinton fundraisers for 2020 presidential run

The financiers on the roster range from former U.S. ambassadors to real estate executives
:scust:

One of the leading names on the list, lobbyist and former John Kerry 2004 campaign official Steve Elmendorf, decided to back Buttigieg on Sunday, the day the mayor officially launched his campaign with a speech in South Bend.

Members of the wealthy Pohlad family – which owns a group of more than 30 Minneapolis-based businesses, including Major League Baseball’s Minnesota Twins – are also backing Buttigieg. According to Forbes, the family’s total net-worth as of 2015 was $3.8 billion. Robert Pohlad backed Obama in 2012 and helped rake in at least $500,000 that cycle.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
he can't even win a senatorial or gubernatorial election in Indiana :camby:

plus i assume he has bad judgement because of his sexual orientation (can't trust men that prefer other men over puzzy :yeshrug:)

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I rarely pull the gender card, but I can't name any other reason as to why Elizabeth Warren is lower in the polls than Mayor Pete. What has this guy EARNED to get to the top 3 spot?!

I wished Black LGTQ members still acknowledged the fact that you're still Black first and foremost and that people like Mayor Pete won't be defined by his sexuality as much as his White Male Privilege.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I literally don't know anything about this dude except that he's gay and from Indiana.

Why does the coli hate him?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rarely pull the gender card, but I can't name any other reason as to why Elizabeth Warren is lower in the polls than Mayor Pete. What has this guy EARNED to get to the top 3 spot?!

I wished Black LGTQ members still acknowledged the fact that you're still Black first and foremost and that people like Mayor Pete won't be defined by his sexuality as much as his White Male Privilege.
It's interesting that you bring that up since Mayor Pete may be racist or at least supports racist cops.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mark it down. The same media that is propping him up will eventually start talking about his youth and how even though he’s intelligent etc that maybe the presidency is just too much for someone who is still in his 30s. They’re gonna dig into his personal life and that of his husband and some “interesting” stories may emergenthat will knock him off his game.They will then focus 24/7 on the Sanders vs Dem party “split”

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
It's interesting that you bring that up since Mayor Pete may be racist or at least supports racist cops.

He tried justifying demoting the Black police chief last night and said that recording the racists was against federal law and he didn't want to get involved, but why did those same racist cops get pay raises? The details are murky for me.

His explaination sounded like he was just trying to save his own ass. :hubie: