Remember when people said the Miami Heat had the worst fans in the NBA?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
When in reality, people thought their favorite team was going to lose the NBA Finals and didn't want to sit through the pain?:sas1:

Let's look at the attendance numbers shall we?:sas1: And we'll do the years since Lebron left:sas1:

2017-2018 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

This season, #6 in the league, 19k per game, ahead of Golden State, Lakers, Spurs, Boston, OKC AND Houston :sas2:

2015-2016 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

We consistently finish top 5-10 in the league in attendance AND top 3 in TV ratings & average 19,000 fans a game/850k a year:yeshrug:

Miami is still a football town as far as what kids play/what athletes we produce, but as far as fans/viewers we're really a basketball town now:yeshrug: I deadass see more Heat jerseys/apparel being rocked more than any other team, except maybe UM gear, we have one of the best arenas in the league as far as atmosphere/location, and we consistently put a good product on the floor

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
From 60 wins to last in attendance

incredulous.gif

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Been saying this. Heat fans show up strong in other arenas too. Brooklyn, Atlanta, Charlotte, even in The Garden recently. Miami is very much a basketball town now in terms of professional sports. Dwyane Wade pretty much surpassed Marino as Miami's all-time sports figure. I wasn't alive when the Phins won their last superbowl. And I was a small child when Marino was at the tail end of his prime. So all I've known from the dolphins is pain and misery. Same with other Miami sports fans my age and younger. It's been the complete opposite for the heat.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those attendance records are a joke.

shyt, that shyt was a running joke among all of the Dallas sports radio stations during the season. :mjlol:

They would laugh about how they had the Mavericks Top 5 in attendance but the arena would be half empty. :mjlol:

So, this isn't a credible measuring of fandom brehs. :mjlol:

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Miami constantly gets mocked for their fandom: Heat, Dolphins, and Hurricanes. I am happy that narrative is dying. :blessed:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh