Report: Facebook Marketplace ads lead deputies to home burglary suspects

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
MARION COUNTY, Fla. — Three home burglary suspects were arrested Monday after Marion County deputies say they stole several expensive items from a person’s home and immediately tried to sell them on Facebook.

Investigators determined the then unknown suspects had forced their way into the home at approximately 8:30 a.m. that day and stole two gaming consoles and a safe containing prescribed cannabis products.

In all, deputies say the stolen property was valued at more than $2,500.

Deputies say the truck is then seen pulling back in front of the victim’s home before the two suspects run back to the car while carrying what appears to be the stolen property. Both men then get into the car and the suspects leave the area to the north.

While the crime scene was still being processed, deputies say the victim notified the sheriff’s office that there were two ads on Facebook Marketplace for the sale of the stolen gaming consoles.

The ads included photographs and videos of the items with distinguishing marks on them that were described by the victim.

Deputies say the ad was posted by a Facebook profile belonging to 20-year-old Thamydious McClain.

Marion County detectives made contact with the profile under the guise of wanting to buy the stolen items and arranged to meet at a specified location to exchange cash for the property.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Those are really good police officers. Or maybe this is an unusually small town?
:ohhh:

Most cops would give you a police report and then ignore the case. I've had friends have to chase down their own MacBook pros cause nobody would do anything after calling 911. And they could track the thing with air tags, but 911 didn't care .

The only stolen thing I've seen cops bother with is stolen cars, and this isn't really about investigation , but moreso about the car thieves doing something stupid with the cars, like using your stolen car for a more high profile crime or cops find the car thieves joyriding

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

When my car was stolen, I saw it posted on Craigslist.

shyt my boy found his car stereo at a pawn shop after it had gotten stolen in 2004.