Resident Evil 2 (remastered) outsells RE7 in a month

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
By comparison, the previous game in the series, the slightly-divisive first-person Resident Evil 7, has not yet broken a million owners on Steam in its lifetime – so the remake of Resident Evil 2 has completely outperformed it. That’s despite the remake only being out for two months, and Resident Evil 7 being available for over two years.

Resident Evil 2 has sold more Steam copies than Resident Evil 7

Started RE7 but never got into it. But I got a week's vacay, and I don't plan to do anything other than work out, sleep and play video games. So how it, brehs? Is RE 2 *really* that much better than RE7, or is this some #flabbynsick nostalgia by oldhead gamers?

*edit* Title is supposed to say "two months". I thought we could edit titles at some point?

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
... on STEAM. I'm sure it will eventually outsell it though. Don't trust steamspy now, their sales data is no longer accurate because of what Valve did.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I gave it to my homie after I got out of the big house:yeshrug:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
RE7 while being a pretty good game and a step back into actual survival horror from the last iterations (6,5,4 and the revelations) can't really compete with the folk who rode the nostalgia wave (myself included) and copped day 1 off the strength of playing and enjoying the hell out of original all then years back.

Couple that with the fact that it's a damned nice game, added elements that made you had to switch up your whole zombie killing steez from previous titles....it's an awesome game, even if you never played the first. :banderas:

They looking to do RE 3 which is fine but if they apply the same attention to Code Veronica, I think they'd clean up just as much if not more cause that was a very good game with all it's flaws aside.