Return of the Jeti - The 2018 New York Jets Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by Racer X, Mar 19, 2018.

?

What should be the name of the thread?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2018.
  1. "1 Team, 1 Goal"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "Return of the Jeti"

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  3. "New Jack City"

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Other (Post it and tag me so I can get it up there)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frump

Frump Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

The Niners drafted inside guys for like three years in a row no way they go Williams. Bosa still is the pick that makes sense

2. aluc96

aluc96 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

I like this move. Definitely an upgrade to the slot corner spot, once filled by that bytch Skrine. I saw a stat that Poole and Jamal were top 5 in sacks for DB's last year. 100% expect Gregg Williams to take full advantage of that on 3rd downs

3. WOLF2007

WOLF2007 All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Is justin houston signed??

4. aluc96

aluc96 Rookie

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

He's still out there. Seems like a no-brainer to me to bring him in :yeshrug:

storyteller, Racer X and Trust Me dapped this.
  5. The Fukin Prophecy

The Fukin Prophecy RIP Champ

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $325014.00

The 10 minutes of NFL football I watched this season that bytchass nikka drew two PI penalties...:hhh:

storyteller dapped this.
  6. The Fukin Prophecy

The Fukin Prophecy RIP Champ

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $325014.00

Have to try to trade back with the Giants...

I'll gladly take their 2nd round pick and drop back to 6 in the 1st...

Williams or Allen will sill be there at 6...

aluc96 dapped this.
  7. storyteller

storyteller Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

Greedy Williams and having an additional first or second to upgrade the O-line (and actually get someone young) would be an epic pick-up but we're talking about Mac here, so I'm doubtful.

8. Spaceman Piff

Spaceman Piff Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $382230.00

jets should get a fullback

especially if there's a good one still out there in fa

9. King Crimson

King Crimson Member of a very exclusive gang

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Bk/NY
    Coli Cash:
    $1061687.00

We resigned Neville Hewitt and signed Tom Compton.... whoever the fukk that is.

storyteller dapped this.
  10. storyteller

storyteller Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

So about Justin Houston...how come no one seems that interested?

Racer X dapped this.
  11. Nappy Hacker

Nappy Hacker Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    South Kakalaka
    Coli Cash:
    $497500.00

Jets you got a goat rb. Now keep his touches under 20/game and you’ve got a franchise player. Or you can try to burn him out like the nfl is doing rbs now, then cry later when he breaks down in 3 seasons.

12. FooFighters

FooFighters All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Blame Bob Sutton

13. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Build and Destroy Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Rotten Apple
    Coli Cash:
    $379334.00

Cmon man :what:

It’s a dying position.

Cmon man..

14. Spaceman Piff

Spaceman Piff Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $382230.00

jets oline has no starting center and could use an upgrade at every single position. they need all the help they can get.

leveon bell is used to running behind a pro bowl fullback in pittsburgh.. patriots have one now and they were all at the front of the "fullback is dying" trend. packers usually have one. these aren't exactly teams that have problems airing out the ball either. i think the saints might have one too.

but yeah i guess that shyt is dead :francis:

15. BoogeyMan

BoogeyMan All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Blackness
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

This post from a Jets fan site perfectly sums up my feeling with Darnold:

Recently we've all seen stats related to 3rd down and longs & how the Jets & Darnold were 2nd in that category. Bates was horribly predictable & Bowles penchant for wanting to establish the run was on full display here during his 4 years here.

Darnold had more 3rd & long dropbacks than any other QB other than Dak Prescott. He also, other than Josh Allen had the worst group of skill players around him than any QB in the league. Rosen was handing off to David Johnson & throwing to Larry Fitzgerald. Teams were rolling coverage to Anderson, Sam had no Quincy, he had McGuire in the backfield, Kearse had basically retired, and still led the league in QBR in the last quarter of the season. He also made some incredibly tight throws in those 4 games.

Next year with an upgraded Oline, the additions of Bell, Crowder and Quincy back, an entire offseason to get ready, getting every 1st team rep with a more complete team, can you imagine the type of jump he could take when we can keep this guy out of those 3rd & long scenarios and have him a lot of 2nd & 3rd and shorts?

Darnold proved last year he can do it all! He'll be a nightmare in short yardage. He can run, he's strong, he converted all of his 3rd & 4th & 1 keepers, he'll be much better in hurry up, he'll use his cadence to his advantage with experience, he can throw running right or left, and he's pin point accurate in the short game. We added one of the best RBs in the NFL as his outlet and we added a beast in OK to run short yardage behind. Chris Herndon will be more comfortable & get all the 1st team reps with Sam too, unlike last years camp.

This is BY FAR the most anticipation I've had as a Jet fan since 1998. 2009 & 2010 were awesome but unexpected and the way the team was built with what turned out to be a below average QB propped up by an incredible running game was unsustainable. Sanchez couldn't hold Sam Darnolds jock. You give Darnold 300 yards on the ground, the Jets are not losing like Sanchez did vs Buffalo in 2009. Sanchez also had zero touch on his short game passes. What we saw in 2009/2010 was an ok inexperienced QB with a loaded veteran team. What we saw last year was an inexperienced QB carry his team on his back with very little help, injuries on the Oline & at the skill positions, and a slew of wow plays while playing sandlot football getting chased around by opposing defenses.

I still believe IN THE LONG RUN Sam Darnold will be better overall than Baker Mayfield. Not until 2021 will Darnold be the same age Baker was coming in as a rookie on a team that was LOADED with talent. Having an offensive coach like Gase will be a godsend to Sam and to this Jets team as a whole. Sam is Tannyhill X 2 and Gase had success with a HEALTHY Tannyhill. Those azz kickings Gase & Sam put on the Dolphins for the next 10 years will be a thing of beauty. They'll have the Pats number too soon enough. Darnold does not seem to be the kind of athlete that will tolerate getting embarrassed, kids a confident winner. I still love that clip from the draft, Sam, what can Jet fans expect from you...."A LOT OF WINS!".

Bring on the draft baby!

NY's #1 Draft Pick and storyteller dapped this.