ReviewTechUSA suggest PlayStation Now is a gateway to stream only gaming

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Makes perfect sense. Right now both will co-exist but as introduce all this mainstream game streaming especially on PlayStation it'll make it easier when they want to transition from a physical media model to a digital only model where you simply stream your games to TVs, Tablets, PCs and other devices.

I mean you look right now and people are cheering the advent of a PlayStation Now. In a perfect world for them maybe Microsoft adopts this and doesn't have to take any backlash for the system they tried to implement before and ended up abandoning. when people don't have to pay $500 for a box to game on they probably don't even see what happened to physical gaming because they'll be too happy about money saved.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about that streaming shyt the downfall to all this digital gaming is what happens to all the updates that they put into games years down the line when the servers aren't up anymore...all those patches that improve game play will be gone.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
At least 10 years away
probably less because 10 years would likely be a few years into a theoretical next console generation. if they work the kinks out Sony could probably use this model instead of releasing a Playstation 5.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
probably less because 10 years would likely be a few years into a theoretical next console generation. if they work the kinks out Sony could probably use this model instead of releasing a Playstation 5.
I still use OnLive and know it will take at least 10 years. The tech has a LONG way to go, especially on the multi player side of things.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Maybe, but wouldn't it be just cheaper for publishers to make the discs and cases than supporting all of that bandwidth? Unless Microsoft and Sony will carry the load of the networking.

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Court giving credit to the pioneers of this shyt. :wow:
Sony fails at everything they promise and then more competent companies get it right afterwards
Remote play is flawless btw, you can do that if you download the app. I'm not sure if you knew that brotha rekk but you could have essentially played Halo still when you went to that Music recital thing. And yes I'm serious in that you could have not that you should have :whoa: