Revisiting My first Beat Tape Chess Pieces vol 1. What y'all think?

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
The Year was 2011 and I really was just starting to learn how to get good drum sounds out of Reason :whoo: so basically I just made a loud ass, crunked up Detroit style beat tape.:mjgrin: Listening back my mixing was bad and the versatility wasn't quite there but there are a couple of gems up in here. What y'all think :mjlit:

@TEKBEATZ @stomachlines @Ace of the Metropolitan @Shadow King @BronxFleeZ @Wepa Man @DJ Mart-Kos @Roxx the King @Audiomercy @FruitOfTheVale @Shadow King @LauderdaleBoss @NormanConnors
@KushSkywalker @Leezy337 @Dippa1947 @nahnah @head shots101
@Mahirishi @Sincere Noble
@kingdizzy01 @BlackDroog
@901Cory10 @O Fenômeno @CuzinQ @GPBear @bigdaddy88
@KillSpray @ShaDynasty @Tom Foolery

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Mm i like it bruh your the upbeat type:ehh:

they way u chopped some of the samples and the effects are nice, some sound like 80s sampled stuff:ehh: i may need to dig into that era

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Mm i like it bruh your the upbeat type:ehh:

they way u chopped some of the samples and the effects are nice, some sound like 80s sampled stuff:ehh: i may need to dig into that era
Thanks for checking it out breh. Yeah I'm from Detroit where for some reason we LOVE to speed our beats up. I also around that time had found a trap drum kit that I fell in love with and had damn near every track sounding like a trap house :gucci:
My next tape I calmed down a bit though :lolbron:I'm going to upload that one in a few weeks. I feel that one is the most versatile in my series as I started added a lot of break beats and more different genres for the samples.