Robin Thede to Star in "Perfect Strangers" Reboot on HBO Max....

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Robin Thede and London Hughes are set to star in a “Perfect Strangers” reboot that is in development at HBO Max, Variety has confirmed.

In the multi-cam reboot, perfect strangers Deja (Thede) and Poppy (Hughes) unexpectedly discover that they are half-sisters when they both inherit a one-bedroom apartment above a trap yoga studio in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Polar opposites, they must learn how to live and work together.

Thede will also write and executive produce the series in addition to starring. Robert L. Boyett, who produced the original series, will also executive produce. Warner Bros. Television will produce. Thede currently has an overall deal at the studio under her For Better or Words banner.

The original “Perfect Strangers” starred Bronson Pinchot and Mark Linn-Baker, with Pinchot playing Balki Bartokomous from the fictional island of Mypos. It was created by Dale McRaven and ran for eight seasons and 150 episodes on ABC from 1986-1993.

Thede most recently created and stars in the HBO comedy series “A Black Lady Sketch Show.” The show received three Emmy nominations for its first season, with the second season premiering back in April. HBO renewed the show for a third season shortly thereafter. She is also known for her work on “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore” and for hosting and executive producing the BET late-night series “The Rundown with Robin Thede.”

Hughes is a British writer and comedian. Her past credits include “Laughter Shock,” “To Catch a D-ck,” and “History of Swear Words.”

They REALLY gotta stop with the reboots....:snoop:

......but I love Robin so I'll likely tune in. :manny:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Did this ever happen?
I been watching the OG on Freevee, and it's low-key one of my favorite TGIF shows. Corny as a mug but those were good times. I was clocking Balki and cousin Larry's PAWGs too:pachaha:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesnt look like its happening. Havent heard anything since the OG announcement :francis:. Dropped the ball by not having K. Hart and M. Blackson as the leads :russ:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Lite Brite with tig Ole bitties means you never have to worry about your rent getting paid.

If they can incorporate skye Townsend and old spice girl into the show, tv gold @Bryan Danielson

Max!

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesnt look like its happening. Havent heard anything since the OG announcement :francis:. Dropped the ball by not having K. Hart and M. Blackson as the leads :russ:
They are both to old for the leads but remaking with black leads could be funny as hell.