Better Beat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did revisit this one and I had to keep it with Rod.

If cory posted his sample it might woulda changed my mind, thats a big factor for me cos it dont really sound like a soul track as much as the beat is fukking fire.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
I did revisit this one and I had to keep it with Rod.

If cory posted his sample it might woulda changed my mind, thats a big factor for me cos it dont really sound like a soul track as much as the beat is fukking fire.
can't remember what I sampled for this beat its like 3 years old. but the sample is the piano loop that plays throughout. just looped it and played all the other sounds on top.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
A battle I spent the better part of a week listening to after posting it.

@901Cory10 As always Cory has excellent sound quality and that is undeniable. The mix is good, and I would assume the piano loop is what you took, and you built on top of it. There's so many different melodies going on in the track that a lot of times it becomes too much on the ear. It's like having a tub of Ice cream and donuts, sure those things are great, but if you don't eat those things in moderation you become fat, and its not healthy. You have so much melody, that I think will standout more if you scaled it back at least for this one. Track is dope though.

secondly
I can't tell rather its from a record or from a loop that was just put together via a loop pack o so I was conflicted.

@bigrodthe1
The remake is close to the original, I'm sure with different sounds this would sound much better. The composition is spot on though. The only critique on this would be sound choice.

In Sound quality alone I would have to vote for Cory
However because the context of this round is to sample from a record (Song), or to remake a record then Rod clearly does that.

For that reason my vote for this round goes to @bigrodthe1