Better Beat

• Total voters

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Beats were equal to me.:whoo:/had bars for both :smugdraper:

Gave the edge to Q because of the sample/i could tell the sample sound quality wasnt that good, but breh made the best of it with those adjustments/filters, created a dope sound with the drum choice included.

Gibbs beat is a problem as well. And I agree with not wanting to post samples, thats part of the reason why I went with a joint that was relatively popular (cats dont seem to have any love for that 90's r&b tho :mjcry:). I can understand if its a flip this sample round/or challenge (that would be dope), but I know for a fact there are some lurkers/tent camp dudes on here looking to jack. I remember back in the day my brother heard some of his shyt on a Wayne mixtape :wow::francis:

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Gibbs scratching along a method man vocal sample and good break did the trick.

CQ drums always surprise me.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
This is one of the many battles this round that had me dumbfounded

@CuzinQ The drums are crazy and definitely the shining star in this instrumental. I can understand why you filtered the track the way you did, the sound quality of the original recording really messed this up. I think the moment Gwen Carter comes in via the instrumental it sounds so cloudy due to the recording of the original record that filtering was the only solution but that still left things off with the mixing.

@Tommy Gibbs
The beat is dope, the direction of the track is straight forward, I can hear a few artists on it. if you add more velocity to the hats it will pop even more and the snare will sit on top of the track a little more.
I assume you just didn't want to post the sample because you feel as though you don't want anyone touching the record, but you could always edit the post out when the battle is done. In any case I can tell it's a soul record, and it wasn't from a loop or anything you recorded your self.

My vote for this one is going to @Tommy Gibbs