Royce Da 5’9” - Silence Of The Lambda (Lupe Fiasco Response) (Produced By Carlos “6 July” Broady)

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
It's not ALL on Lu but some of it is DEFINITELY on him.
When the major handed the reigns back, Lupe couldn't replicated F&L or The Cool. Lasers & F&LII basically get relegated
to the backseat and treated as if they don't exist and that's after bro aped a classic beat in T.R.O.Y.
That was absolutely NOT the time to let his foot off the gas pedal because......

Guys like Kendrick, Cole, Wale, Drake, Big Sean were all growing into their own or in
Cole, Kendrick & Drakes* case, they were starting off heavy.

For perspective, Lupe was dropping those two albums when indie projects like Section.80 & Truly Yours/Friday Night Lights were either right around
the corner or had already dropped.

I'd argue all three of those dudes not only positively impacted Hip-Hop but continued to carry the banner for "Hip-Hop" from the 90's.

Talib has not only a solid discography but classic shyt IMO.
Quality ? Reflection Eternal ? Eardrum ? (Came out the same year as The Cool and easily ranks on the same level)
He often is regarded as "not as dope as Mos" but looking at Talib's career, he's done really, really well for himself and has
a solid discog if not great discog.

Mos Def? Well, it's Mos Def.

Common ? Again, I mean, it's Common.

Royce Da 5'9" actually has a really strong career.
Outside of a handful of guys in the middle-card Koch records tier.
How many dudes in Hip-Hop have really had Royce's success ?
Hell how many of those cats are even remotely relevant and still touring & releasing music in 2021 that
would've been called his peers back in the day ? Or even just five years ago ?

If we run down the gamut of those rappers who've either been within that range record wise or were
even labelmates with Royce at some point, he's got damn near double the plays, hundreds of thousands more
followers and the rap game clout as far as co-signs from O.G.'s.
Then when I factor in not just SOLID but GREAT releases like Death Is Certain, Book of Ryan, The Allegory
or more solid projects like Trust The Shooter, Street Hop or Success Is Certain, I sincerely feel bro is not
just "okay" but actually really, really good, great even. :yeshrug:
Easily on Lupe's level as far as discographies go, grammy success aside (but that's a slippery slope, Drake has more grammy's than
any rapper we're talking about but...he ain't the G.O.A.T. at all....)
[/QUOTE]

i needed a good laugh :russ::lolbron::mjlol::pachaha::dead:

I dont think even Royce da 59 believes that :duck: