Rumor: New Harry Potter RPG Is ‘Extremely Dark And Is Not Made For Children,’ Rumor Suggests

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never thought I’d anticipate a HP game lmao, IF this is true, I think it has potential.

a lot of people overlook Harry Potter because they started off as the usual typical kid friendly shyt, but they got better and darker as they went on, and honestly...I think the Lore and world with all of its history, houses, Creatures, areas ect. Is dope and really underrated :yeshrug:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I’ll believe it when I see it:stopitslime: I’m a big fan of HP but I don’t wanna hype it up:francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Welp, I may have been wrong :leon:

Some Harry Potter Game Developers Rattled by J.K. Rowling Backlash

One of the most anticipated video games is one whose existence has yet to be acknowledged by its publisher, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. It’s a big-budget Harry Potter game that will let players role-play as wizards and roam a vast, open-world re-creation of Hogwarts and its surrounding areas.

The long-rumored project is very real, according to two people currently working on it. The game is in development at a Warner Bros.-owned studio, Avalanche Software in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is scheduled for release late next year for platforms including the upcoming Sony Corp. PlayStation 5 and Microsoft Corp. Xbox Series X, said the people, who requested anonymity over fears they would be fired for speaking publicly about an unannounced game.

Harry Potter is among the highest-profile projects within Warner Bros. Interactive, along with a Batman game that is in the works. Footage from a very early version of the untitled game began circulating in 2018. That video was authentic, but most of the rumors that have come out since are not, said one of the people working on it. Despite a series of challenges—a global pandemic, a fierce backlash against the franchise’s creator, a possible sale of the Warner Bros. video game publishing business—the game remains on track for next year, the person said.

Within the team, though, some anxiety surrounds the work. The studio’s management has not addressed recent comments from the author J.K. Rowling that were widely viewed as transphobic, the people said. The situation made some members of the team uncomfortable and sparked private discussions among staff over the pandemic water cooler, the workplace communication app Slack.

Warner Bros. had originally planned to announce the Harry Potter game during a news conference at the trade show E3 in June, according to people familiar with the plans. When E3 was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, the publisher’s marketing roadmap shifted.

The new plan is to unveil the Batman game in August at a digital event called DC FanDome, and the Harry Potter game will be revealed later, a person with knowledge of the plans said. The person said those plans were made before Rowling’s comments.