Saints Fan Starts Fund to Keep Breesus

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Covington lawyer Antonio "Tony" Le Mon has opened a trust fund he hopes will help keep quarterback Drew Brees a New Orleans Saints player. The "Drew Brees Fans Step Up Trust Account," is an irrevocable trust to which Le Mon has already contributed $500.
Brees can do whatever he wants with the money, according to Le Mon. If the star player does not accept it, the total amount will be donated to the Brees Dream Foundation charity.

While Le Mon acknowledges his plan has its gimmicky elements, he feels Saints fans need to tap whatever resources they can to either jumpstart stalled negotiations between Brees and the club, or at least seek a remedy for a situation in which Le Mon believes the fans' voice has gone unheard.

Besides, he argued, Brees deserves it.

"It's to thank him for being a great ambassador to the city," Le Mon said. "And to try and convince him to stay. We have been disempowered. We have to think outside the box on this. We do have power as a group."

He described the Trust as, "sort of like a tip, or a gratuity on a job well done," and because the proceeds will go to charity if the quarterback declines them, "it's a win-win."

It's not clear Brees could take the money even if he wanted to, as that could trigger issues with the NFL's collective bargaining agreement. Le Mon said he came up with the idea independently, and has not spoken to Brees or anyone representing the quarterback.

As an attorney, however, Le Mon said, "I can't see where it couldn't be done."

A spokesman for the NFL said it does not appear to present a CBA violation, and would instead fall into things like endorsement money. Basically, the CBA covers only money paid by the club to the player, according to the league.
Fans wishing to contribute can do so at Chase Bank, where the Trust is housed, or through a website, Fans Step Up, Keep Drew Brees and New Orleans Saint For Life.

"Us fans have got to do something," Le Mon said. "Maybe it'll get the two sides talking."

some people :snoop:
i :bow: to Breesus but i aint payin that nikka shyt :stopitslime:
i always wondered why pro sports didn't have "boosters"

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
That has to be some sort of violation of league rules , saints fans aint learned yet huh? The article says it isn't but no way that seriously goes through.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
█ W.D.Y.D. █;277472 said:
That has to be some sort of violation of league rules , saints fans aint learned yet huh? The article says it isn't but no way that seriously goes through.

you know drew aint gon keep the money tho so it's basically a donation to his charity :manny:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
i got love for the Saints, but the way they have handled this has been outrageous. give the man a fukkin contract already this aint Bobby Hebert your messin with

RaidenS

AKA J.Swizzy
Daps
He can come to the NYG,Prince Eli the 4th can take him under his wing:win:

tumblr_lxr1aisj6n1rn95k2o1_500.gif

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol saints fans donating to keep brees? When there are starving people out in the world? They just keep taking that L...