Samuel L. Jackson "Enslaved" 6 Part Doc on Epix #EnslavedEPIX.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Watch first episode on Amazon Prime!

EPIX | Hit Movies, TV Series and More

About the Show
Enslaved is a six-episode docuseries that explores 400 years of human trafficking from Africa to the New World by following the efforts of Diving with a Purpose, as they search for and locate six slave ships that went down with their human cargo. Executive produced and featuring award-winning actor Samuel L. Jackson, the series tracks the efforts of divers as they utilize new methods of underwater archaeology to identify and locate these sunken slave ships for the first time in history. These modern day adventures serve as a springboard to tell the stories of the ideology, economics and politics of slavery, while also celebrating stories of resistance, the cultures left behind and the culture that we live in.

Last edited:

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
This was amazing. Just got finished with episode 1.

It was interesting how the Gabon pass along their story by song and word of mouth. I know in my family, a lot of my history has been passed through word of mouth. I have to keep pushing though, because through word of mouth, I’ve only been able to trace my ancestry/family to right after slavery ended. I want to find out more of my ancestors that were sold and endured slavery.

Thanks for posting this. Will continue to watch.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:whoo: Will watch, rep if i can.

I told my mother 20 yrs ago, 'just wait, our archaeologists are just getting out the pipeline.' Wattba. :wow:

@Booksnrain