Samurai 8: The Tale of Hachimaru (new manga from creator of Naruto)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My bad if there's a thread for this but I didn't see one. As I understand, the first chapter of this will be dropping on Monday, but it's already out on mangastream.

Kishi has been talking about doing this manga for quite a while so I think I'll give it a shot, the plot sounds kind of interesting from what I've heard. For anybody who doesn''t know, here's the synopsis of the plot -

“The galaxy is headed towards the end of its existence: It can’t withstand any longer than for another century. A Samurai was given the mission to try and save all of the scattered planets and their respective inhabitants by finding ‘Pandora’s Box’.

The God of Warriors, Fudo Myo-o, sealed a secret that will save the entire world inside of ‘Pandora’s Box’. In order to open it, someone will need to find the seven keys first. Hachimaru, a feeble boy who’s required medical assistance since birth, might just be one of them!”

Here's the link -

I'm reading thru it now, seems interesting.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
yeah big ehhh right now. Think I'll just leave it alone and let it build up a few chaps then binge :yeshrug:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'm a sucker for shounen foolery, so once I get familiar with all the long ass japanese names for the cast and moves and everything else, I know I'll enjoy this as much as I did Naruto. He ain't drawing this, but the art style is very similar, which I like.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I'm a sucker for shounen foolery, so once I get familiar with all the long ass japanese names for the cast and moves and everything else, I know I'll enjoy this as much as I did Naruto. He ain't drawing this, but the art style is very similar, which I like.

Yeah, I just read the first chapter, and it's Naruto-esque enough for it to may as well be the same guy, unlike Boruto which is a noticeable change. My only complaint is that the backgrounds are mostly white, so it can be tough to really see what's going on at times. Hopefully there'll be more dynamic locations to balance things out, to make it easier.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
He needs to learn from the mistakes he made in Naurto time skip. Also I wished Tower of God got more love.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This has potential but I would probably need 25 issues to make a real judgement on it. The kid is very Naruto-like in personality, imo.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I just read the first chapter, and it's Naruto-esque enough for it to may as well be the same guy, unlike Boruto which is a noticeable change. My only complaint is that the backgrounds are mostly white, so it can be tough to really see what's going on at times. Hopefully there'll be more dynamic locations to balance things out, to make it easier.

I read the comments of the first chapters and people were having that same problem. Some people actually wanted to see this kid face the challenge of being a cripple and overcoming the odds. lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Did this even get a proper ending? Maybe that's why Kishimoto went to Boruto.