San Francisco Reparations Proposal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t live in the Sco anymore. That’s the second time missing out on a big payout by leaving the city too early. First time was my folks selling their house off of Randolph Street in Lakeview for $250k when it’s worth 1.5 million today. :snoop: But when we left you would want to leave from over there because that’s back when the View was grimey like some back blocks in New Orleans. There’s barely any black folks left in the city to get that reparations stimulus.:mjtf:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I thought this was interesting.

NPR reported about the proposals being discussed in San Francisco:

In a unanimous vote on Tuesday, the 11 members [of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors] accepted a draft plan of more than 100 reparations recommendations for the city’s eligible Black residents. Those proposals include a whopping one-time payment of $5 million to each adult and a complete clearing of personal debt — including credit cards, taxes and student loans. Black residents would also be able to collect an annual income of at least $97,000 for 250 years and buy homes within the city limits for $1.

NOTE: I don't give two fukks about Bill Maher's opinion, but the quoted was worth sharing.

I'm gonna have to reread their proposal again. Clearing of debt, $97k/yr, and buying homes on the cheap ($1. Really?) is pretty good.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was interesting.

NOTE: I don't give two fukks about Bill Maher's opinion, but the quoted was worth sharing.

I'm gonna have to reread their proposal again. Clearing of debt, $97k/yr, and buying homes on the cheap ($1. Really?) is pretty good.

This proposal sounds like a poison pill. Make the reparations so outrageous, it will turn off everyone expect black people and a tiny percentage of wild eyed white progressives.

$5 million per person
Clearing of debt
$97 k/ye for 250 years
$1 homes.

C’mon. :heh:

Seems like the are making a mockery of reparations.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
This proposal sounds like a poison pill. Make the reparations so outrageous, it will turn off everyone expect black people and a tiny percentage of wild eyed white progressives.

$5 million per person
Clearing of debt
$97 k/ye for 250 years
$1 homes.

C’mon. :heh:

Seems like the are making a mockery of reparations.
$5M/person is a bit :picard: to me. $1/SF Home is :dwillhuh: to me. But everything else is :salute: