Saudi Arabia and Iran Re-Establish Ties

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need to reopen and start building new nuclear plants. 3 mile island was the worst disaster in this country and nobody died. Fukushima was extremely safe before it got hit by a hurricane and a typhoon. The technology is pretty safe assuming you don't get hit by a disaster movie.

Between nuclear, solar, wind and tidal/hydro we can eliminate the need for fossil fuels in a reasonable amount of time
thats all well and good. but in the meantime, the world needs oil :dead:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
IR and KSA were talking about normalizing for awhile, Iraq and iirc Qatar were the one's pushing for this. I know Iraq had been very active after Soleimani assassination.

The Iran-GCC Summit is potentially interesting, but I'm skeptical that China's role in this was anything more than buying a photo-op for clout. Considering the timing, it's a good way to win a media cycle after the AUKUS news.

Chad Warden

@mastermind pervs on 17 y.o girls
Supporter
Daps
I don't see how China - an anti-religious state - legimately helped find ground between those two countries. Barely any cultural overlap for them to influence anything. They're just getting all up in the videos on some :troll: to the USA shyt

I'll believe all this if things stay steady in a year or so :mjlol:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
I don't see how China - an anti-religious state - legimately helped find ground between those two countries. Barely any cultural overlap for them to influence anything. They're just getting all up in the videos on some :troll: to the USA shyt

I'll believe all this if things stay steady in a year or so :mjlol:

I think an issue Americans have with understanding China is that they use their paradigm to perceive China’s state behaviour.

Ex: “Our behaviours are constrained by x, ergo China should not be able to do y.”

I think it’s important for Westerners to read Chinese political philosophy or even Xi Jing Ping Thought.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
IR and KSA were talking about normalizing for awhile, Iraq and iirc Qatar were the one's pushing for this. I know Iraq had been very active after Soleimani assassination.

The Iran-GCC Summit is potentially interesting, but I'm skeptical that China's role in this was anything more than buying a photo-op for clout. Considering the timing, it's a good way to win a media cycle after the AUKUS news.

The initial conversation between Xi and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took place during bilateral talks at a summit in Riyadh in December, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe how the deal -- whose ripple effects could spread across the Middle East -- took shape.

"The Chinese president expressed his desire for China to be a bridge between Saudi Arabia and Iran. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince welcomed this," the official said, later adding that Riyadh sees Beijing as being in a "unique" position to wield unmatched "leverage" in the Gulf.

"For Iran in particular, China is either No 1 or No 2 in terms of its international partners. And so the leverage is important in that regard, and you cannot have an alternative that is equal in importance," the official said.

Several other meetings also laid the groundwork for last week's talks in Beijing, according to the official.

They included a brief exchange between the Saudi and Iranian foreign ministers during a regional summit in Jordan in late December, talks between the Saudi foreign minister and Iran's deputy president during the inauguration of Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in January, and a visit by Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi to Beijing in February.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
America's Syria strategy collapsed :mjgrin:

Russia ensured the Assad regime's survival. Iran and Hezbollah provided crucial troops to win back various territories.

America and Al-Nusra (it's Al-Qaeda affiliate ally) are in the mud!

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
China is just cutting out America from the Middle East by promoting peaceful dialogue between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

America's Israel lobby would never allow an American President to urge such a meeting.
:ohlawd: