school me on HID Projector headlight lamps

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
i just bought some crystal chrome stock headlights...my boy said that they can put HID's in em...but i know them sh!t are terrible unless u got projector housing in your lamps....can u install projector housing in a reflector lamp?...and are HID's worth it?

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
You can still run HID lights in a regular light housing and it'll be fine as long as it's installed/aimed correctly, there's cars that come from the factory with HIDs but inside a reflector housing (first Gen G35, 5th gen maxima).

Of course a projector housing is ideal for HID lights, but retro-fitting the projector bulb onto a regular housing will take some work and you'll have to open up the housing, cut out a hole for the projector, break off the og mount for the bulb, mount the projector, reseal the case and hope it is still water tight.

DO NOT go cheap on HID light kits especially the ballasts, the best option is to get OEM projectors but they're not cheap unless you can find someone selling their old stock ones.

Used Audi A6 projectors for $250

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2333903

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
There's a guy here in Birmingham that installs HID headlights using parts from other cars. I mean when he's done with the car it looks factory. I wouldn't mind getting it done to my car but I don't have the money to get it done. What kind of car do you have?

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Retrofit projectors from another car into your headlights, call it a day.

Don't buy an HID kit over 6000k temp otherwise you're a moron.

Good luck.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
It won't be terrible but like Captain said, projectors are idea, but they can be spendy.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
get them off ebay for $35....bought some almost a year ago...and they blinding folks out here ....:win: