Scout says more kids need to play Cornerback

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Disagree with a lot of the sentiment here. Especially in HS. For MOST high schools, passing is difficult. As a WR even if you're pretty good you spend all game blocking and running routes and maaaybe get 5-7 targets. At corner you're competing every single play. A good CB has more impact on the game in HS than a good WR does. At the same time most talented skill position athletes are going to be good enough to play both DB and WR and my guess is most would prefer to play WR in college if they're good enough which is why its probably so heavily tilted that way in camps. My son is about to be a JR and even though he spent all of his younger years playing QB and RB and always being the playmaker is geeked about playing corner next year (he didn't play FB his soph year cause covid pushed FB and Basketball season together and he chose basketball since he was playing varsity). He went to his first camp a few weeks ago and chose to work out at DB instead of WR. The other two best players in his class played varsity DB last year too and their team was the state runner up. But the program also hangs its hat on a dominant defense so they encourage their best athletes to play D. If you're a kid between 5'9" and 6'0" and can run and have decent hip flexibility you'll get a shot to play in college somewhere.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well i look at it as you had the possibility of being a te or tackle, so imagine you already have the blocking game down, so then they teach you route techniques and you become a complete Te… or you learn the position of tackle but because you are light you are quick and agile a school just has to have weight put on you…. Orrrrr you probably looked like you had no business being a wr and he decided at least you can get in someone’s way

it’s more the move to spend your years as one position

If more coaches take some of those tall rangy kids and make switch over, they can come up, especially learn to use hands and length to frustrate wrs, plus being a former wr they should know what most wrs hate and how they think

oh it was the latter, they probably was trying to hide me. I sucked at football:pachaha:

But that’s why I held that press conference and retired at 9, I was never gonna be shyt. Plus, I had a natural aversion for banging my head straight into someone else’s. Years later I learned that was my instincts already knowing about CTE before it was a thing.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
oh it was the latter, they probably was trying to hide me. I sucked at football:pachaha:

But that’s why I held that press conference and retired at 9, I was never gonna be shyt. Plus, I had a natural aversion for banging my head straight into someone else’s. Years later I learned that was my instincts already knowing about CTE before it was a thing.

:mjlol::russ: I’m cookin yo, imagining you got the podium and err thang

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
That’s the thing tho, when u play WR especially in 2021 u are the aggressor compared to the DB

I can shove DBs at the top of my route, give them finesse releases with physical moves and they have to respect it, the rules are against em
they for sure favor the wr's now in officiating but when i say aggressor i mean getting to crack pads

live for the press & the precious times you get to steamroll a opp

the aggressor is always the one giving out hits ha