SECURE THE BAG: Naomi Osaka’s $8.5M Adidas Deal Biggest Ever for a Woman

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall nikkas are so full of shyt it’s mind boggling. I already predicted the corny comments in here about Serena, Asian, etc.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Pretty sure your opinion on the matter is exactly that...only an opinion.

So is yours lol.

Adidas snagging talent as Serena crashes/burns isn't surprising, it makes a lot of sense. I also don't think it has anything to do with Kap. Of course Adidas is likely planning some type of Kap-like move, I just don't believe it's this.

Sports deals often begin with a handshake agreement that if an athlete achieves something, like winning a major golf tournament for instance, he or she will be offered a deal; oftentimes it'll be a match+20, ie "we'll match what Nike is offering, plus give you something extra." This could have been in the works as much as a year ago, with Adidas waiting for her to have her big breakout moment.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is yours lol.

Adidas snagging talent as Serena crashes/burns isn't surprising, it makes a lot of sense. I also don't think it has anything to do with Kap. Of course Adidas is likely planning some type of Kap-like move, I just don't believe it's this.

Sports deals often begin with a handshake agreement that if an athlete achieves something, like winning a major golf tournament for instance, he or she will be offered a deal; oftentimes it'll be a match+20, ie "we'll match what Nike is offering, plus give you something extra." This could have been in the works as much as a year ago, with Adidas waiting for her to have her big breakout moment.

She was already signed to Adidas but the contract was set to expire in December. She won the Open so they extended it for more money of course.

I guess If Nike didn't do the deal with Kap Adidas never would have extended her. They would've let an up and coming star who just won her first major and has huge marketing potential in America and Asia walk:mjgrin: