Shouldn't hybrids be more cost effective?

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
So more people can start to go green. Honda has that insight and it's priced slightly under $20,000 which to me seems cool but most other hybrids if not all other hybrids are easily $25,000-$50,000 easily... Why? And I need America to step their game up. How do you create the first hybrid battery and drop the ball :snoop: Saturn was putting out cost effective vehicles before it got the ax... And some were hybrids... GM needs to step their game up.:beli:

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
good question

all depends on the elasticity of demand

the cost of producing these vehicles is more expensive than you think so that's one reason why the price is higher than your regular gasoline car. i mean let's face it, these gasonline vehicles won't be around past 2025, by then most of these car manufacturers will be producing hybrid/electric vehicles. Keep in mind that in the next 10 to 20 years, the advancements in technology will drive down the costs of the parts that make these expensive vehicles today.

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
could be caused by many variables but without any credible information I can guess that they wanted to penetrate faster and gain market shares

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Why would manufacturers make em more cost effective, when they can make more money selling to idiots willing to pay a premium to say 'i drive a hybrid'/'i paid $5000 to save $500 a year in gas'

Only hybrid worth buying is the Prius. They just came out w/that little baby one, that shyt does like 60 MPG and costs maybe $17K? It works