Shuhei Yoshida: "We believe in the premium release of a title" before subscriptions

Scaaar

All Star
Daps
Apparently Sony having some of their recent PS5 titles on PS Plus Extra is not enough, they need to put God of War Ragnarok on their day 1 to fulfill the criteria.

I'd say they're in a good spot, they have $70 games that people are WILLING to pay for ON TOP of having a subscription service that people subscribe to.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd argue they're in a BETTER spot as they already got everything up and running. They can net 10~20 million units of a game at full price or so and then throw it on their "gamepass" service a year or so later and still have people subscribe to it.

and no, this doesn't mean I'm okay with Sony charging more for less. You guys love to cherry pick posts like you'll ignore entire threads where I'm shytting on TLOU Remake or w/e just to bring up jokes about wanting to be charged more.
I mean they just released Spiderman on PC and it's one of the top selling games out and it's 4 yrs old. At the end of the day it's the software that sells and Sony has had that in spades. Everyone is dropping the $70 for GOW and the other first party titles. But we know we're getting a high quality game for that price. If you don't want to pay the $70 just wait a year and it will be included on the premium service :yeshrug:

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I mean they just released Spiderman on PC and it's one of the top selling games out and it's 4 yrs old. At the end of the day it's the software that sells and Sony has had that in spades. Everyone is dropping the $70 for GOW and the other first party titles. But we know we're getting a high quality game for that price. If you don't want to pay the $70 just wait a year and it will be included on the premium service :yeshrug:
You're content with taking half the story. What new games did Spider-Man beat? You say four year old like if that matters to a market that didn't have it at all?

Meanwhile, if they resell the game to you with less upgrades than possible on PCs and you'll be like :gladbron: "Take my money"

But since it's on PC to a new audience it's amazing it sold :stop:

And you're talking up the price increase like a good battered housewife should.

Why not $100, you gotta take into account the amount of fun and time you'll spend with it. Surely it's worth that much. Street fighter 2 SNES was $80 at launch (worth every Penny imo) but the world would have told capcom to eat a dikk if they tried to make a trend out of it. Y'all nikkaz weird

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remember when it didn't make sense for Sony to put 1st party games on PC at all?

But now...

:mjlol:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You're content with taking half the story. What new games did Spider-Man beat? You say four year old like if that matters to a market that didn't have it at all?

Meanwhile, if they resell the game to you with less upgrades than possible on PCs and you'll be like :gladbron: "Take my money"

But since it's on PC to a new audience it's amazing it sold :stop:

And you're talking up the price increase like a good battered housewife should.

Why not $100, you gotta take into account the amount of fun and time you'll spend with it. Surely it's worth that much. Street fighter 2 SNES was $80 at launch (worth every Penny imo) but the world would have told capcom to eat a dikk if they tried to make a trend out of it. Y'all nikkaz weird
The art of sayin absolutely nothing with as many words as possible.

Team Xbox 365