Skip Bayless to stay at Fox Sports. 4 years/$32 million.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That shyt gonna bomb. Cause no one cares about skip except for his dumb ass lebron hot takes.

He better have lebron in court every episode...:mjlol:

I sort of feel bad for him in a way as his popularity on Twitter and social media doesn't necessarily translate into TV viewership. But then again he's making $32 million dollars over 4 years, so he'll be just fine :russ:

Not gonna lie, I would watch the first episode though just because the sheer randomness of the concept. At least Jerry Springer has the law and political background to make the move towards being a TV judge. Skip has none of that whatsoever :mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s already been shytting on Luka lol. Luka seems to be the Bron replacement.

He dumb cause that shyt won't go far. One white villians don't sell like black ones. And two luka a white foreigner so that still ain't gonna sell.

At the end you selling hot takes to non blacks. So no black villian no ratings. He better go find a black villian the next 3 years.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He would have flamed out on FS1 without Shannon Sharpe. If he Broussard or Rob Parker as his cohost it would have been cancelled.

True. But even that is built around lebron. I said it before. No athlete has ever made so many media bums and idiots on social media money like lebron....no fukking athlete. Their whole shows, twitter accounts, youtube channels and forums are built around lebron and their hot takes on him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
True. But even that is built around lebron. I said it before. No athlete has ever made so many media bums and idiots on social media money like lebron....no fukking athlete. Their whole shows, twitter accounts, youtube channels and forums are built around lebron and their hot takes on him.

Skip does deserve credit though because he's essentially the "godfather" of hot take debates. Yeah, Tony and Wilbon did it before him, but Skip took it and helped monetize it the way that it is now. Even SAS wouldn't have had the platform that he does now, if it wasn't for Skip putting him on First Take.

You could also make the argument that Lebron has benefitted from all of the "hot takes" as well with his brand, notoriety and bottom line. The majority of athletes would love to be talked about in the sports stratosphere as much as Lebron has. Whether it be positive or negative. They've all eaten and make bread from it.

That's why I don't necessarily have any complaints when it comes to what Skip has done. It's essentially how Trump and a lot of people benefitted from his presidency even if they wouldn't be willing to admit it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Skip does deserve credit though because he's essentially the "godfather" of hot take debates. Yeah, Tony and Wilbon did it before him, but Skip took it and helped monetize it the way that it is now. Even SAS wouldn't have had the platform that he does now, if it wasn't for Skip putting him on First Take.

You could also make the argument that Lebron has benefitted from all of the "hot takes" as well with his brand, notoriety and bottom line. The majority of athletes would love to be talked about in the sports stratosphere as much as Lebron has. Whether it be positive or negative. They've all eaten and make bread from it.

That's why I don't necessarily have any complaints when it comes to what Skip has done. It's essentially how Trump and a lot of people benefitted from his presidency even if they wouldn't be willing to admit it.
Skip helped put SAS on First Take. However, it was a TOTALLY different vibe before SAS. I remember the first real episode he was on there and Skip was almost shocked at just how candid SAS was. Like he became frustrated on the spot that you could "clown" somebody in a debate. Skip then took what SAS was doing and added to his style. I do give him credit for bringing SAS back years later, but he knew it was SAS who really changed what they were doing from everyone else. Before they were just morning PTI.
True.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Skip helped put SAS on First Take. However, it was a TOTALLY different vibe before SAS. I remember the first real episode he was on there and Skip was almost shocked at just how candid SAS was. Like he became frustrated on the spot that you could "clown" somebody in a debate. Skip then took what SAS was doing and added to his style. I do give him credit for bringing SAS back years later, but he knew it was SAS who really changed what they were doing from everyone else. Before they were just morning PTI.

That's true, but again Skip didn't have to do that though. Especially considering that we see all the time in the sports world jealousy and animosity when one person becomes bigger than the other. Look at what happened between Greeny and Golic when they broke up.

SAS has become a bigger star than anyone ever could have imagined. So the fact that not only is there no animosity between neither of them, but they still speak highly of each other and want to work together again speaks volumes about both of them as people. ESPN wouldn't have tried as hard as they did to make it work even after Skip re-signed if both dudes where aiming to make it happen.