smh @ blacks referring to the 50s as "the good ol' days"

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
Blacks in certain cities could say that and I understand since I heard it directly myself from fam/friends of old heads referring to the midwest cities. They referred to it as income mobility basically. How the jobs were plentiful for men. Good and well paying jobs esp in Detroit and how you can have a good time after work and shyt was more affordable and all you needed was a diploma or not even that sometimes.

The women were less rachet - I think that's because women overall had just less power than men back then and had to depend on them. Cities were better - I can see this for the midwest, west and eascoast (save a few cities). I'm sure old blacks aren't referring to the jim crow shyt or lynchings just their immediate way of life absent white people that they didn't deal with but other blacks. I don't agree with it all but I'm not knocking an old head if they say that since I didn't live in their time and they lived in both -then and now and can say with more certainty to their situations than I. :manny:

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I love the 50's. I watch movies like pleasantville , and listen to Buddy Holly , longing for the good ole days. Kids were innocent , people were kind , women were delighted to stay home and be domestic , and sex was something that only a man should enjoy. Everything was just as it should be.

:jawalrus:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what if they mean black families?

black unity..black leaders

all that is disappearing now

and its just covert (now) vs. overt in terms of racism, same difference

black community hasn't been in worse shape since jim crow, only the racism we now suffer through is transparently institutionalized, so that we see right through it and pretend it isn't there.

i know this forum is filled to the brim with nikkas making 300k a year and pushing 3 or 5 big body whips, but the real world is filled with nikkas who can't find jobs or enough money to pay a bus fare.

something has to give, or a lot of people are going to die -- black and white.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
There aint a damn thang good about "for whites only" water fountains or sitting in a restaurant and having white people pour double chocolate malts on your heads

besides that...

ol schools back then was fukkin p*ssy 15 n up..wasnt nobody wearin condoms..

n the hairy monkey had a lil tang to it..:shaq::shaq:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i dunno how those were good days, being drafted ot vietnam, civil rights, nikkas being lynched and ish.

i wouldnt mind if i had the chance to live that life for a day though, id be drinking at the fountain and whistling like emmit till

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dunno how those were good days, being drafted ot vietnam, civil rights, nikkas being lynched and ish.

i wouldnt mind if i had the chance to live that life for a day though, id be drinking at the fountain and whistling like emmit till

yea cause you the one scared of black women right?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black community hasn't been in worse shape since jim crow, only the racism we now suffer through is transparently institutionalized, so that we see right through it and pretend it isn't there.

i know this forum is filled to the brim with nikkas making 300k a year and pushing 3 or 5 big body whips, but the real world is filled with nikkas who can't find jobs or enough money to pay a bus fare.

something has to give, or a lot of people are going to die -- black and white.

Americans, ain't going to do shyt, people are too soft and comfortable in this country to ever attempt mass violence again you might see some riots pop off like LA in 92, but that will probably be it

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Racism was more blatant back then, but I think "the good ole days" refers to a time where a large collective of black men and women stood together and possessed a progressive mindset in attempting to attain some sort of equality. Something that many of us lack today

THIS.

And on top of this, people had big families and they all stuck together and laughed, had good times.

The stress of the world wasnt where it is now.