So at the boxing gym I go to I feel like I’m not getting any real training

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The coaches can tell pretty quickly if they want to do specific training or have you spar.

In your case, you just have to show up and put in some more time on the bag and then think about sparring....

In most cases, if someone has zero fight skills and poor conditioning, then it will be at least 6 months before any sparring...

I had conditioning for grappling, but the cardio for striking is different, so it took a while for me to adjust....

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
If you are paying some one they need to be putting some agreed upon amount of training in, fukk all that potential and age shyt.
I started boxing around your age (28) and some trainers wouldn't even accept you as a trainee at certain age or size (saw a trainer and fighter get into it cause the fighter was like 300+ lbs and not getting trained enough)
That's fair but don't accept me as a student and take my money then try to short change me. :manny:
When I trained the trainer could work with multiple people over the 3 hours I would normally be in there. It takes like 5-10 minutes of instruction and a watchful eye to get you started on a drill, ain't trying hear shyt about they too busy when they taking my money :what: