So Disney just refuses to give us Star Wars fans Darth revan huh?

ChatGPT

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed:

They couldn't have just named it old republic huh. How are they trying to distance themselves from the past by continuously taking the past ideas and renaming the shyt, Ala Dyn jarren Fett, or IG 1188
:unimpressed:

Last edited:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We don't know what kind of negotiations going on behind the scenes.

If you look closely on the YouTube announcement you see several drawings of a young Yoda species Jedi. Yoda himself?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I’d rather they do this than get a chance to fukk up Revan. They basically have 200 years of free reign to add new characters and lore to the franchise without fukking up the canon.

Last edited:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Breh, we have an entire thread of shytting on Disney for fukking up the previously established canon with The Skywalkers to make quick money instead of generational money. Do you REALLY want them fukking up what is possibly the GOAT Star Wars storyline?

shyt, I backed out of that suggestion with the quickness once it set in just how terribly they managed their own trilogy.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
To everyone talmbout the name... did you expect the people during the time to call their present Old?

That being said, there are a lot of other adjectives they coulda used instead of HIgh. They could have created a time period name for it, they could have done anything. But, DisneySW's motto should be 'you could have done anything, but you did this?' so... :yeshrug:

Further they stay away from Revan the better. Disney doesn't do moral ambiguity very well, and the dead last thing we need them going anywhere near is a Sith with layers. They will fukk that up to the point where it'll taint the only good SW RPGs to exist. Besides... Bioware definitely doesn't deserve the cash infusion them doing anything about Revan would give from people buying the old games to relive it... because that's money for EA and lining EA's pockets? hahahano:birdman:

I'm happy that they figured out trying to color in the lines of canon is just gonna fukk them up. I woulda preferred they went future instead of past, so they can start their whole new thing removed from any established anything, but... path of least resistance.

Star Wars media thrives when it gets away from Jedi-Sith bullshyt, though. I think I enjoy Star Wars more the less laser-sword space-samurai there are and the more it leans into the Sci-Fi side. (Ironic considering I'm a fantasy author)

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
To everyone talmbout the name... did you expect the people during the time to call their present Old?

That being said, there are a lot of other adjectives they coulda used instead of HIgh. They could have created a time period name for it, they could have done anything. But, DisneySW's motto should be 'you could have done anything, but you did this?' so... :yeshrug:

Further they stay away from Revan the better. Disney doesn't do moral ambiguity very well, and the dead last thing we need them going anywhere near is a Sith with layers. They will fukk that up to the point where it'll taint the only good SW RPGs to exist. Besides... Bioware definitely doesn't deserve the cash infusion them doing anything about Revan would give from people buying the old games to relive it... because that's money for EA and lining EA's pockets? hahahano:birdman:

I'm happy that they figured out trying to color in the lines of canon is just gonna fukk them up. I woulda preferred they went future instead of past, so they can start their whole new thing removed from any established anything, but... path of least resistance.

Star Wars media thrives when it gets away from Jedi-Sith bullshyt, though. I think I enjoy Star Wars more the less laser-sword space-samurai there are and the more it leans into the Sci-Fi side. (Ironic considering I'm a fantasy author)

They wrote themselves into a hell of a corner going into the future with Rey (Who despite all her power is still learning on the job) being the only qualified Jedi Master in the entire galaxy and the only other (Known) force-sensitive being that isn't in captivity being Finn... :francis::hhh: