So how is BET gonna pull off a virtual award show?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
More so just wondering how performances are gone go down + are artists gonna have they full team at their sport for hair, makeup, wardrobe? :jbhmm:

Edit: and before the BET award haters come in here, I enjoy the show for all its fukkery. It’s also their 20 yr anniversary, woulda been nice to really celebrate

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, why not just wait? Lol, just f'n wait a little while...postpone it a few more months. Virtual awards show, :mjlol:. Show the nominees on split screens dressed up nice in their living rooms, lookin dumb

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
More so just wondering how performances are gone go down + are artists gonna have they full team at their sport for hair, makeup, wardrobe? :jbhmm:

Edit: and before the BET award haters come in here, I enjoy the show for all its fukkery. It’s also their 20 yr anniversary, woulda been nice to really celebrate
the Source Awards pulled off a semi virtual show years ago, so BET has a template to follow.

when suge was on his bully shyt,they had some entertainers record performances elsewhere and edited them into the show to avoid a melee during the taping.

They didn't want a repeat of the first Source Awards fiasco..........when your man E40 and half of Vallejo put the beats on somebody

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the Source Awards pulled off a semi virtual show years ago, so BET has a template to follow.

when suge was on his bully shyt,they had some entertainers record performances elsewhere and edited them into the show to avoid a melee during the taping.

They didn't want a repeat of the first Source Awards fiasco..........when your man E40 and half of Vallejo put the beats on somebody
They didn’t have the pressure of social distancing tho. To get a performance going, you need a whole team, AV, stage direction, lights, a location and therefore the team that manages the location, wardrobe, and hair and makeup for women, etc. I’m personally not going to flame someone who got a team of 50 working at some theater to record them, but is that really about to happen?

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
They didn’t have the pressure of social distancing tho. To get a performance going, you need a whole team, AV, stage direction, lights, a location and therefore the team that manages the location, wardrobe, and hair and makeup for women, etc. I’m personally not going to flame someone who got a team of 50 working at some theater to record them, but is that really about to happen?

I think it’s feasible if you get all the scheduled performers together and knock all the performances out in the same setting over a course of days.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
ok, I get your point now

If I were in charge, I would have planned this out 2 months ago.....

• If a dude is styled and has a haircut, he's good to go. I would deliberately have all male performers for the show except for whoever the hottest female artist is.
  • Have her do an intimate performance of a slower song (requiring fewer stage props) to end the show
  • and I would have asked top artists to sit on any new music videos that were supposed to come out and use "the debut of new videos by x,y,z" as a selling point to draw viewers to watch the show